PDA

View Full Version : MSR Trekker Wing

PartnerShip
11-10-2005, 20:48
PartnerShip here - We're new to all this wonderful WhiteBlaze info. Stuff - COOL

We're April 2006 NOBOs. Any knowledge out there re: MSR Trekker Wing or any other Tarp info. Have hiked GSMNP all my life. We're old people 46 & 48 and have semi-bad memories of AT deluges in Spring & Summer...trying to stay as dry as possible on our trip this coming Summer (oh yea sure)...No, no...I said just as dry as possible....Are there any amazing tarps/flys out there that two old, dyed-in-the-wool 70's packers don't have any idea about????

Grateful for any advice along these lines.

Thanks, PartnerShip (Debbie & Jeff)

justusryans
11-10-2005, 21:01
PartnerShip here - We're new to all this wonderful WhiteBlaze info. Stuff - COOL

We're April 2006 NOBOs. Any knowledge out there re: MSR Trekker Wing or any other Tarp info. Have hiked GSMNP all my life. We're old people 46 & 48 and have semi-bad memories of AT deluges in Spring & Summer...trying to stay as dry as possible on our trip this coming Summer (oh yea sure)...No, no...I said just as dry as possible....Are there any amazing tarps/flys out there that two old, dyed-in-the-wool 70's packers don't have any idea about????

Grateful for any advice along these lines.

Thanks, PartnerShip (Debbie & Jeff)

Try Henry Shires tarptents. I use a Cloudburst 2 with the floor and love it!! The best of both worlds

PartnerShip
11-10-2005, 22:03
justusryans - THANKS for the lead. We've never heard of Henry Shires. Looking into it now. Trying hard not to be the FOOL I usually tend to be.

Peace,
Jeff & Debbie (PartnerShip)

justusryans
11-10-2005, 22:23
Here's the link www.tarptent.com (http://www.tarptent.com)

Good luck! see ya on the trail!!

PartnerShip
11-11-2005, 10:02
Thanks for the link. It has been very helpful and looks very much like what we need. I (Jeff) am a long time down bag users and are getting the notion now from info. we are reading that on a trip this long newer synthetic bags may be the way to go. Q:What has been your experience with sleeping bags? Thanks for your time.
Debbie & Jeff