PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Bull cookstove

illusionistG
11-11-2005, 22:55
Any comments from thru-hikers who have used Tinny's Mini-bull alcohol stove?

Nightwalker
11-12-2005, 12:09
Any comments from thru-hikers who have used Tinny's Mini-bull alcohol stove?
Very efficient, very light. Make sure the ground is level or the pot is small. Definitely worth the money.

If efficiency is the main criterion, it's definitely even more efficient than his Pepsi can stove. Also 1 gram lighter. :)

illusionistG
11-12-2005, 13:40
Nightwalker...thank you for the response. I was getting afraid no one had heard of this product. He just added another model (NION) to his line of alcohol stoves. For those of you that have not heard of Tinny and his products here is a hyperlink http://minibulldesign.com His website is a hoot as well. Gotta love kitchen engineers !!!

K-Man
11-16-2005, 18:58
I just used his Sith, not the Mini Sith, for a week out in VA from Montebello to Daleville. I brought 16 oz of fuel with me and after the trip was over I still had about 6 oz left. I cooked 3 oatmeal bfasts, 6 dehydrated dinners, and boiled water for tea twice. That stove is super efficient if you ask me. The wick design is very helpful as well because there are no primer plates to have to carry around. The guys I was with had jet boils and I got my dinner cooked as fast as they did. I will def be bringing one of his stoves with me, but I am sure he will have an even more efficient design by 2007.

Husko
11-18-2005, 11:05
There are so many different types of stove designs at minibulldesgins, it's confusing. Whats the best stove on that site for a solo thru hiker that will cook his own food near 100% of the time?

Husko
11-19-2005, 00:26
Well I just submitted my purchase of the AT stove and the Sith stove.

I also have a stove on the way from antigravity gear with my 3cup cookset package. I'm really excited about the pot cozy and neopreme cover for this set.

For the past week, I have really be obsessed with all alcohol stoves. Glad I found this site.

SGT Rock
11-19-2005, 09:37
Yes, we are certainly some alcoholics.

Nightwalker
11-19-2005, 15:53
Yes, we are certainly some alcoholics.
Just so you bring some brown stuff to the ruck...

fireboy
11-19-2005, 22:42
Hey Husko, Here's another one to check out. At Sgt. Rocks site

http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1471

waskelton4
11-29-2005, 16:28
I bought three of tiny's minibull stoves not long ago. The AT, the Trek 2, and the pocket puck. I never really got scientific with the measureing of fuel so my effenciency probably could have been better. After reading his warnings regarding overfilling the stoves I probably under filled them and had to re-fill in the middle of cooking. Not a real big deal but it is kindof a PITA. The two that my buddy and I took with us on our single night shakedown were the trek2 and the pocket puck. with my little experience so far (and this might be true of most all alcohol stoves) in order to be efficient with these you'll need to use them for a while and take note of burn times and amount of fuel you used. once you get a good feel for the stove I imagine that since some of them are practically weightless it's hard to beat.

Maybe I'll go pull mine out and do some fuel v. burntime testing.