PDA

View Full Version : The Ruck

ganj
01-19-2003, 18:49
I know it's happening next weekend at Pine Grove Furnace. What do they have scheduled and who is going? Will we be able to use the lodge or will it be tent camping?

Jack Tarlin
01-21-2003, 16:25
Check http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/2003/index2003.html

Ann
01-26-2003, 20:04
Hoping all the Ruckers out there had a rucking good time and
may all the Rucks in your lives be enjoyable!!! It was great to see that the Rucking temps were milder than the beginning of the week so that a good Ruck could be had by all.

As the late Jerry Garcia might say, "Keep on Rucking"

(This small Ruckus, is brought to you by someone who admits to Ruck envy from Cabin Fever Central in an undisclosed location in southern NH.)

CeeJay
01-26-2003, 22:26
Thanks to everyone who organized the Ruck and to all of those experienced hikers who helped my husband and me learn more in one weekend than we have learned in months of talking to outfitters, reading books, etc. As newbies to the AT and to long distance hiking, we really felt welcome at the Ruck. It was great to meet some of the others who are going to be hiking this summer and to talk to so many experienced hikers. We even got to take our first steps on the AT during the hike to Pole Steeple.

slabfoot
01-27-2003, 00:42
enjoyed a nice hike up to pole steeple with my son and daughter. then they put up with me while i lurked for a few hours at the mansion and met ed speers and bought his hammock camping book and watched a great display of the moonbow gearskin. sorry i did not say hi to all that i have met on the internet but the kids we're putting the full=court press on me to meet their plans. i enjoyed the nice people, good soup and bread, next time is without the kids!

A-Train
01-27-2003, 02:29
Just wanna say I had a wondeful time this weekend and I thank all of you thru-hikers who were willing to help us rookies out with adivce and stories.
It was also great to meet some of the prospective 03'ers. Hope to see many of you out there this year. The Pole Steeple hike was very nice, what wonderful hiking weather!
Anyway, nice to meet all of you
A-Train

Minerva
01-27-2003, 09:21
Hey CeeJay and Atrain,
Here are some pictures of you hiking out to the Pole Steeple and coming down the front face of the rock outcrop.

http://gallery.backcountry.net/2003PARuckhike

Cindy

Sparky!
01-27-2003, 10:30
:) It was a GREAT TIME at the ruck and it was great to meet everyone! Stick Dawg and I loved it.. the hike on Saturday was great... T

Cindy, Thanks for the pictures of Pole Steeple... I have a few of the vistas that I will post when I get home...

Sparky!

Minerva
01-27-2003, 10:50
Hi Sparky,
You're welcome!
Cin

CeeJay
01-27-2003, 15:44
Great pictures, Cindy! Thanks.

Sparky!
01-27-2003, 20:34
I just pust some pictures I took from on top of pole steeple in my members gallery. Enjoy! :)

CeeJay
02-21-2003, 01:08
I finally posted my PA Ruck pictures. They are in my gallery (CeeJay) here.

Minerva
02-21-2003, 08:37
Nice to look back to the wonderful weekend we all had in PA. Thanks for posting the pictures. When that quilt is finished some lucky raffle ticket buyer is going to be one lucky winner :banana

You see on the trail or at the Gathering in Ocotber.
Cin