PDA

View Full Version : Hostel?

silverfox
05-13-2015, 09:11
My group has some conflicting information about. Thevhostel or hostels between hot springs and Erwin,tnx. One says there is a hostel at Sam's gap and the other says the only one is at devils fork. I knew you guys would know so please help. We're basically trying to find a place to drop a car approximately half way at devils fork or Sam's gap for a week but wasn't sure of the safety of that if there wasn't a hostel there. Anybody familiar with that area?

Jeff
05-13-2015, 12:13
Mother Marian Hostel can be accessed from Sam's Gap. No listing in AWOL or Companion.

Hostel at Laughing Heart in Hot Springs may have more information.

Seatbelt
05-13-2015, 12:41
Hemlock Hollow a mile north of Allen Gap. Not sure if is still open.

silverfox
05-17-2015, 00:38
Thanks guys! We ended up going for the Laurel trading post, 2.5 miles from Devils fork gap. Hot shower and good food too! Mark was great and didn't charge us for the shuttle even though we had initially told him we would be spending the evening. He was very accommodating to our last minute changed plans. I had seen some posts about their bunks but think they are much improved with the additional pad. Would recommend in that area in need of food, shelter or shower!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Minerva
05-17-2015, 07:12
Wish I'd seen this thread earlier, both the Laurel Trading Post at Devil Fork Gap and Mother Marion's Hostel at Sams Gap are listed on pg 42 in the 2015 AT Thru-Hikers' Companion.

Glad LTP worked out for you.

Mother Marion's (828)680-9944 free pick up and return from Sams Gap or Big Bald, bunk $20pp, private room $50double, laundry $4, WiFi, TV with NetFlix, both credit and debit cards accepted.