PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Damascus

tnvarmint
05-13-2015, 10:23
I was planning a 4 day hike with my oldest son starting this Saturday and ending in Damascus on Tuesday. My plan was to drive into Damascus on Friday afternoon after work and find somewhere to park my car and have my wife take me and my son to our starting point Saturday morning. Then I remembered that this week is trail days in Damascus. Does anyone know if there would be any parking available for me to park in or around Damascus over the weekend? If not does anyone know if you are allowed to park at Backbone Rock for more than just the day? I assume this is allowed since they have camping sites at the recreation area. This would cut a few miles off of the trip but would be better than having to cancel it all together. I wanted to check on here before making the hour and half drive to there to check.

July
05-13-2015, 11:25
There are lots of places to park in and around Damascus, a good place to inquire/start is http://mtrogersoutfitters.com/. 276-475-5416

swjohnsey
05-13-2015, 12:31
I think you can park across from the new library.

tnvarmint
05-13-2015, 13:12
Thanks all. I will give Mt Rogers a call. My major concern was with it being trail days if there would be any parking available. Although I live pretty close and am up that way several times a year, I have never been to trail days and am not sure what it is like around Damascus during that time.

Tennessee Viking
05-13-2015, 16:29
You may want to try Taylors Valley or Creek Junction if Damascus is packed. Or try Backbone or the TN 91/Cross Mtn trailhead.