PDA

View Full Version : campsite #15 Rabbit Creek info?

ATL Backpacker
05-17-2015, 21:48
Can I get some feedback on campsite #15, Rabbit Creek? Specifically what is the size of the creek(s) there roughly? Reason being I'll have a late addition of a couple of elementary-school age kids with me. Would like to get a campsite near a good sized creek for them to play in near camp.

I know of plenty of such sites in the park, but those sites are nearly full this weekend and my late additions have me scrambling to find a nice site that will hold our group (6).

gollwoods
05-17-2015, 23:34
It is on rabbit creek so there is a stream. Abrams falls is 1.73 mi away. Flint gap has blueish flint the Indians used for tools. Been some time since I was there don't remember the site really

TNhiker
05-18-2015, 00:40
its been about 4 years since ive been at that site---but my memory says the creek really isnt that big...

are ya looking to swim? or something like that?

you could just walk down to abrams creek down hannah mountain trail to play in a bigger creek............

15 is a fairly nice site though...

the other site in that area---16----is closer to abrams creek but the water source at the campsite is a trickle if that........

HooKooDooKu
05-18-2015, 00:41
Rabbit Creek is about 40' wide and a little more than ankle deep at BC15. The camp sits on a hill side about 30' above the creek but positioned such that you can't see the creek from camp.

If you really want a swimming hole to camp by try sights like BC58, BC59, or BC60 along Deep Creek. I think it was BC58 that I've stayed at where the creek is thigh deep and the campsite is right beside it with only some bushes and a 5' embankment between the campsite and water.