PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday everyone~! Any big plans for the day?

BenOnAdventures
05-23-2015, 08:46
Good morning everyone, do any of you have any fun hike or backpacking trip planned for the day?

bears12th
05-23-2015, 09:00
Gear shakedown for upcoming 4 day trip. Backyard testing with the six year old. Going to try the new quilt/pad out and see how the REI Flash 45 feels all loaded up and ready to go. Might even get out for a couple local miles around a local trail. Couldn't pass up the chance to get it for 70 bucks during this sale. We will see if it will replace my Talon 44 on this short 4 day AT hike in CT \MA section next weekend.

Of course there is the tee-ball game with the little this afternoon. Lol. Go Papa Johns team (good grief).

TNhiker
05-23-2015, 10:31
Sitting at the dealer getting my car fixed....

offpher
05-23-2015, 11:01

LOL I feel for ya buddy. Been there done that..............................................

BenOnAdventures
05-23-2015, 12:00
Gear shakedown for upcoming 4 day trip. Backyard testing with the six year old. Going to try the new quilt/pad out and see how the REI Flash 45 feels all loaded up and ready to go. Might even get out for a couple local miles around a local trail. Couldn't pass up the chance to get it for 70 bucks during this sale. We will see if it will replace my Talon 44 on this short 4 day AT hike in CT \MA section next weekend.

Of course there is the tee-ball game with the little this afternoon. Lol. Go Papa Johns team (good grief).

Sweet! That'll be fun! Tell the little one goodluck!!

BenOnAdventures
05-23-2015, 12:01
Oh funnnn lol

TNhiker
05-23-2015, 12:12
Oh funnnn lol

Thankfully most are covered under recalls....

however it is a beautiful day outside...

and I have to work at 4 am Sunday.......

TREKMAN001
05-23-2015, 12:23
Sitting at a dealer watching other people cars get fixed... I work in a Dealership!
Heading out Monday o North Jersey for a hike with the ife.
CAN"T WAIT!!!

BenOnAdventures
05-23-2015, 12:41
Sitting at a dealer watching other people cars get fixed... I work in a Dealership!
Heading out Monday o North Jersey for a hike with the ife.
CAN"T WAIT!!!

Hiking with someone is always great!

BenOnAdventures
05-23-2015, 12:41
Thankfully most are covered under recalls....

however it is a beautiful day outside...

and I have to work at 4 am Sunday.......

True and its beautiful outside here as well! I can't get out to hike today, I have to help fix/rebuild my grandparents entire dock!

billnchristy
05-24-2015, 22:34
We hiked from three forks to Bryson's gap (and back) on the BMT. It was only 5.6mi each way but the terrain and elevation whooped us pretty good. It's only our second overnight and the first time the girls carried their own packs/gear.

shelb
05-25-2015, 08:48

To avoid that, I bought a car Saturday!

Today's plan: go out to the local state park to hike in the woods..... do some extra stairs in the dunes to tune the legs up for climbing - something that is difficult to do in this flatter area of the state....