PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Hike - 29 to 31 July

JerrySC
05-28-2015, 22:12
Hey Everyone,

First post here. I'm am looking to hike from Winding Stair Gap (off US 64 near Franklin, NC) to the NOC at US 19. It will be a 3-day hike covering only 27.5 miles. Though my last hike on the AT was Mt. Rogers while in college (1989), I was in the Marines for 20 years, so I'm no stranger to hiking with packs much heavier than what I plan to bring for this trip. I am a long-distance runner, and have been doing conditioning hikes with my pack. I am 48 (lack of hair on my head makes me look the age, or older - LOL ).

I plan to catch a ride from NOC to Winding Stair Gap (already have some contacts for the shuttle). Just curious if anyone is looking for a short hike and would like to join me. I am leaving Wednesday, 29 July and finishing Friday, 31 July at NOC. I'll probably stay at Wayah Bald Shelter the first night, and Wesser Bald Shelter the second night.

Let me know if you are interested.

JerrySC
Chapin, SC

thecyclops
06-09-2015, 19:35
I am interested
PM sent

daddytwosticks
06-10-2015, 07:27
This is a really nice section to hike. Fun to end at the NOC. Shower, food, and beer. Did Wayah Gap to the NOC over Memorial Day weekend, staying at those two shelters. Have a great hike. :)

slbirdnerd
06-10-2015, 15:55
Might run into you guys between Burningtown Gap and Fontana around that time. Have a great hike!

appompa255
06-18-2015, 20:38
I'm looking to tag along with some people, but I'm not starting until Aug 1 NB from the Roanoke, VA area.