PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle bailout after Dicks Creek

REB
05-31-2015, 07:36
Can anyone help me figure out a bailout please? My goal is to make it to GA/NC state line which I see is near Bly Gap. Is their a bailout option anywhere around here for a shuttle to pick you up? I see where you do not have cell reception after Dicks Creek.

bigcranky
05-31-2015, 07:42
You'll need to either backtrack to DCG or keep hiking to Deep Gap. Some shuttlers will pick you up there, or you can walk the Kimsey Creek Trail down to Standing Indian Campground which is easy for a shuttle driver to get to.

daddytwosticks
05-31-2015, 10:35
Can you tag the state line, backtrack south to Blue Ridge Gap, then walk down that road to a waiting shuttle? Seems like I read a recent post about a shuttler who will at least drive up the paved portion of the road that leads to BRG. :)

MuddyWaters
05-31-2015, 10:54
It really makes little sense to backtrack. Its about the same distance forward to Deep Gap as it would be to go back. Its probably half as far to backtrack and get out at Blue ridge gap even if you find a shuttler willing to go there.

The real options are either stop at dicks creek gap, or go to deep gap/standing indian campground

MkBibble
06-01-2015, 11:57
Hike all the way to Deep Gap, then on your next section you can get dropped there and will not have to worry about backtracking to make sure you get the entre trail, or overlapping from Blue Ridge Gap to the GA/NC line. And... If you have the time, the Kimsey Creek Trail down to the Standing Indian Campground, is a really nice walk.