PDA

View Full Version : where are they?

solana
11-15-2005, 18:02
hey,

can anyone tell where the best mail drops are along the trail/ how to contact for address information?

Thanks!
:sun

Lone Wolf
11-15-2005, 18:05
Buy an AT Data Book or The Companion through the ATC. They have all the info.

Tabasco
11-15-2005, 18:16
solana:

click the featured article link in the upper right hand corner. A lot of good info there, including what you asked for.

Jack Tarlin
11-15-2005, 18:18
Wolf is correct. Your best resource for books and Trail Guides is found at the "Ultimate Trail Store" section of the Appalachian Trail Conference's website. (www.appalaciantrail.org or www.atconf.org)

Jack Tarlin
11-15-2005, 18:19
Whoops. Typed too fast. Try www.appalachiantrail.org

Nean
11-15-2005, 19:33
Unless you have a specialized diet or are like my friend Fh who grows, :sun dehydrates, & packages these fantastic meals that make everyone jealous; resupply along the way. Far better than drops for many reasons, IMHO. Quick3: Money!, hours of operation, FREEEEDOM/flexability, who needs #4

boarstone
11-15-2005, 21:37
Solana, I resupply on the AT in Maine for the "100mile wilderness" area if/when you have the need. You/and others may reach me at [email protected]

attroll
02-07-2006, 03:46
Solana, I resupply on the AT in Maine for the "100mile wilderness" area if/when you have the need. You/and others may reach me at [email protected]
This is jsut a note to add that this person has changed her email address to:
chair_back_mt 'at' yahoo.com

mdionne
03-02-2006, 18:05
not that i expect attroll to have the time or anything but i was wondering if this forum could be divided in subforums by state then the individual threads could have p.o./hostel information for mail drops. it could become "reference friendly" for those planning a thru. just a suggestion, please don't kill me.

attroll
03-03-2006, 03:39
not that i expect attroll to have the time or anything but i was wondering if this forum could be divided in subforums by state then the individual threads could have p.o./hostel information for mail drops. it could become "reference friendly" for those planning a thru. just a suggestion, please don't kill me.

I really do not want to do that. But what I could do is if someone wants to take this on and knows HTML they could create an HTML file and I could give them access to a directory on WhiteBlaze with Ftp access and they could keep the file up to date.

What we could do is create a thread somewhere like maybe in the articles section and users can post updates and the person running the Hostel/PO information database could get there inputs from users posts or how ever they want to run things.

mdionne
03-03-2006, 13:45
I really do not want to do that. But what I could do is if someone wants to take this on and knows HTML they could create an HTML file and I could give them access to a directory on WhiteBlaze with Ftp access and they could keep the file up to date.

What we could do is create a thread somewhere like maybe in the articles section and users can post updates and the person running the Hostel/PO information database could get there inputs from users posts or how ever they want to run things.

i have absolutely no idea how to do what you are suggesting. i have MS word (if that's compatable). what i can do is create a file in word with folders on each state and then subfolders for each town and documents or folders for each p.o./hostel(i hope this is understandable, i am no computer whiz). it would take some time but i'd be happy to do it.

boarstone
03-25-2006, 18:18
This is jsut a note to add that this person has changed her email address to:
chair_back_mt 'at' yahoo.com

Only my Yahoo! address has changed! NOT my main e-mail address.