PDA

View Full Version : Miles in Colorado

Wolf - 23000
06-02-2015, 18:05
I know bearcreek mention the Mapbook is updated about every year. The guidebook is updated every 2-3 years. Someone correct me if I知 wrong by this but I知 guesting the other resources out there are about the same. From what I've been reading, some of the hiking resources might contain data a few years old. I'm sure the information out there is still at least 90% accurate if not better.

With that said, does anyone know when the last time the trail was actually measured end to end? If so how was it done (GPS, wheel, counting footsteps)?

Wolf

Cookerhiker
06-02-2015, 22:08
Have you asked the Colorado Trail Foundation (http://www.coloradotrail.org/)?

Venchka
06-02-2015, 23:07
Why would the precise mileage be important? Just curious. In case I missed something.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Birdogsid
06-03-2015, 10:09
I believe BC has walked this trail numerous times with a satellite receiver strapped to his back. The mapbook was updated to account for changes last year and is accurate within 3 cm.

Wolf - 23000
06-03-2015, 15:36
Why would the precise mileage be important? Just curious. In case I missed something.

Wayne

Wayne,

Long story short, if it had not been measure in a while I was thinking of throwing in a GPS and measuring the trail. Everything I record would be turn over to CTF and several other sources that provide a non-profit service to the hiking community. It is a way of giving back to the trail community. I still might do it.

Wolf

Venchka
06-03-2015, 22:47
Great idea. I knew I was missing something.

Wayne