PDA

View Full Version : SelfieStick

nuknees
06-06-2015, 21:03
Hey Gang, anyone suggest a good light weight selfiestick out there?
Thanks!

bigcranky
06-06-2015, 21:21
Do you use a hiking stick? A point and shoot camera? Then the lightest solution is the StickPic (http://www.thestickpic.com/), which has been around infinitely longer than the "selfie stick."

It actually works pretty well (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=60152&catid=member&imageuser=266).

Maui Rhino
06-06-2015, 21:22
Instead of a selfie stick, I got a Gorillapod mini tripod. It has flexible legs that can be wrapped around tree limbs or whatever to take pics. I've even wrapped it around my trekking pole and used it like a selfie stick, although it took a little creative thinking to keep it from swinging around the pole. Having a tripod is more versatile than just a selfie stick IMHO.

MuddyWaters
06-06-2015, 22:10
On my camera, had to focus when snap picture to start timer. Hard to take pics w/stick pic , always out of focus unless you get lucky. Threw sticpic away, just hold arm out so can focus camera.

brian039
06-07-2015, 00:07
Back in the old days we used our arms or asked a friend. lol.

Rolex
06-07-2015, 04:00
I also use the gorillapod tripod. With my IPhone I use a couple of apps called "KeyCam" and/or "TimerCamera" The Keycam allows me to clap to make the picture.

Instead of a selfie stick, I got a Gorillapod mini tripod. It has flexible legs that can be wrapped around tree limbs or whatever to take pics. I've even wrapped it around my trekking pole and used it like a selfie stick, although it took a little creative thinking to keep it from swinging around the pole. Having a tripod is more versatile than just a selfie stick IMHO.

Tundracamper
06-07-2015, 08:09
Some cameras also have very small accessory remotes that weigh almost nothing. I recently purchased a camera with a small wifi dongle (well les than 0.5 oz) that lets me take the images from a smartphone with a live preview. Not practical for all shots, but nice to have when I want that keeper of me in some dramatic setting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk