PDA

View Full Version : Found

kalins
06-08-2015, 19:28
A month ago I wrote in here about my sister's missing dog who scampered off the AT near Max Patch. He was found in a bank parking lot over the weekend and reunited with my sister today thanks to microchip. He's recovering from some pretty gnarly wounds and will most likely need an amputation but he's alive and happy to be cuddled by my sis. Thanks so much for all your well wishes and searching. Good luck to everyone this season. xo

saltysack
06-08-2015, 19:32
Great news...hope he recovers quickly!!!what kind of wounds???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarcasm the elf
06-08-2015, 19:34
That's great! Very glad to hear it, and I wish the pup the best recovery possible!

Trillium
06-08-2015, 19:38
Thank you for letting us know. Very glad he was found and can be returned to good health. He is very beautiful.

FatMan
06-08-2015, 19:56
Happy to hear the news. I hope recovers quickly.

kalins
06-08-2015, 20:01
He has some surface wounds which are open but totally fixable. Doc is still trying to figure out what caused these. He WAS spotted hiking with a solo male 2 weeks ago with pack and leash still on, however when he was found he had no collar, no pack, nothing. The leg is set to be amputated tomorrow, its an infection that has gotten into the bone. He is in good spirits and smiled with a tail wag when he saw my sister before falling asleep in her arms 2 minutes later. The $1,500 reward was donated to the animal hospital because the woman who found him wouldn't accept it. Dog angels are everywhere people. Thank YOU to all of you who send good energy and searched the trail. xo

saltysack
06-08-2015, 20:27
Thx...so glad he's back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Directions
06-08-2015, 22:53
Great news. Glad to hear it. Most dogs do just fine with 3 legs.

rocketsocks
06-09-2015, 01:46
Glad to hear it, we've a family member whose cat came back after 72 days.

Farfyter
06-09-2015, 08:10
Great to hear. We hiked the Max Patch area Memorial Day weekend and we were keeping our eyes open for him.

TREKMAN001
06-10-2015, 15:05
Donated the $1500.00 reward to the animal hospital?! It is so GREAT to hear about the goodness that has been generated... Not only is the companion home, but multiple parties are learning important lessons about humanity. (the dog included, who was obviously grateful to be home!)
GREAT NEWS!!

kalins
06-25-2015, 03:05
Friends! The latest update: after weeks, Muscles is HOME he is officially Tripawd and doing great! We were toeing the line of losing him a few nights but he is such a fighter. The moment when he saw my sister at the shelter was enough to break a heart of steel. He totally and 100% recognized her and even though he couldn't walk he army crawled (I kid you not) over to her. The final blog post update will be posted here. We are just waiting until tomorrow when his staples are removed for good and he is given a 100% clean bill of health! Please- support your local animal shelters and hospitals. We are the lucky ones who are in a position to help fix our furry friend, so many families cannot afford to do so. xo