PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about how to get a partner for the AT!

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 15:24
I'm thinking of hiking the AT next year, (thru hike), and I'm wondering how do you go about asking someone to hike it with you? Thanks and let's have fun talking about all of this!!

Lone Wolf
06-09-2015, 15:28
most partnerships don't work out. hike it alone. meet folks as you go

RockDoc
06-09-2015, 15:54
I happens automatically. It's a good way to make friends for life unless you have a problem.

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 16:14
Thanks to the both of you and no i don't have a problem lol

rocketsocks
06-09-2015, 16:19
...thought this sounded familiar.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/110312-I-m-a-21-year-old-guy-looking-for-a-female-adventure-partner!-This-is-my-first-post!

imscotty
06-09-2015, 18:13
Ben, really my best advice is to first be comfortable embracing the world on your own. Know thyself. Once you do that you will have more to offer to others.

Randomly joining up with someone as a hiking partner is almost always doomed to failure. Even lifelong close relationships often fail on the trail. If you want an AT Hiking companion, the best advice is to show at Springer next spring and start hiking. You will meet lots of fellow hikers and perhaps will meet someone with your same hiking style. If so, great. But be ready to adapt, be flexible, hiking relationships on the trail form and dissolve all the time.

"I have never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude."
Henry David Thoreau

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 18:32
...thought this sounded familiar.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/110312-I-m-a-21-year-old-guy-looking-for-a-female-adventure-partner!-This-is-my-first-post!

Get out of here troll

John B
06-09-2015, 18:53
imscotty nailed it exactly.

kolokolo
06-09-2015, 19:03
Um...I don't think Rocket socks is a troll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 19:05
imscotty nailed it exactly. I agree completely

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 19:06
Um...I don't think Rocket socks is a troll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk Was my question about a previous post? No. So just stop it, don't start the negative drama.

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 19:08
Ben, really my best advice is to first be comfortable embracing the world on your own. Know thyself. Once you do that you will have more to offer to others.

Randomly joining up with someone as a hiking partner is almost always doomed to failure. Even lifelong close relationships often fail on the trail. If you want an AT Hiking companion, the best advice is to show at Springer next spring and start hiking. You will meet lots of fellow hikers and perhaps will meet someone with your same hiking style. If so, great. But be ready to adapt, be flexible, hiking relationships on the trail form and dissolve all the time.

"I have never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude."
Henry David Thoreau Thanks for the advice! You're one of the few on here who give advice and not reply with some ignorant comment. Much appreciated. Applause.

rocketsocks
06-09-2015, 20:14
Get out of here troll
You had me at hello...you had me at hello!

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 20:19
You had me at hello...you had me at hello! That's so nice of you! You're a great friend! Feel free to add me!

Tuckahoe
06-09-2015, 20:22
Aaawwww, I'm happy to see you two kiss and make up.

rocketsocks
06-09-2015, 20:27
That's so nice of you! You're a great friend! Feel free to add me!Done...I know you'll find someone to hike with. Your not shy, little edge to ya, you'll be fine, have a goodn'

BenOnAdventures
06-09-2015, 20:43
Done...I know you'll find someone to hike with. Your not shy, little edge to ya, you'll be fine, have a goodn' Thanks buddy, straight forward is the way to go. And thanks you too!

BenOnAdventures
06-10-2015, 07:37
Aaawwww, I'm happy to see you two kiss and make up.
Thanks haha