PDA

View Full Version : Resupply at Dicks Creek

REB
06-10-2015, 07:04
Neels to Standing Indian Campground. Anyone ever had a shuttle driver drop off resupplies at Dicks Creek to save time from getting off the trail to resupplies.
Any thoughts?

soumodeler
06-10-2015, 08:38
Just send your resupply to the Top of Georgia Hostel. Half a mile off the trail and super easy to get to.

hikernutcasey
06-10-2015, 10:09
Just send your resupply to the Top of Georgia Hostel. Half a mile off the trail and super easy to get to.What soumodeler said. I just did Neels up to the NOC and mailed a drop to Top of Georgia. They charge a buck to hold it and you pay them when you pick it up. They even gave me a ride back to the trail.

slbirdnerd
06-10-2015, 15:52
Yep, what these guys said. Or, you can stay a night at Top of GA and he'll run you into Hiawassee for dinner (Daniel's AYCE Bufft is good!) and to the grocery store (included in stay). Going NOBO, when you hit Dick's Creek Gap, turn left, walk to the hostel.

REB
06-10-2015, 18:12
Great! Thank you. I see it now. I didn't realize there was a hostel.

Harrison Bergeron
06-10-2015, 18:37
Great! Thank you. I see it now. I didn't realize there was a hostel.

Call Top of Georgia to see if they already stock what you need. I met a lot of folks who resupplied there on my hike last month.

Don't send a hiker box full of stuff that you could have just as easily have bought right there from the same nice folks who let you send them a hiker box for free. That's just rude.