PDA

View Full Version : Can you flip the handles on the MSR Titan?

denimlabels
06-10-2015, 10:20
Does anyone know if the handles on the MSR Titan can be removed and flipped over so the longer section of Titanium handle closer to the top of the pot?

I like this pot but cant figure out why the handle would be longer near the bottom where it will absorb more heat from a flame:confused:

Cotton Terry
06-10-2015, 10:26
I have the Titan Kettle and flipped the handles on mine based on recommendations I read on WB. It's an improvement, IMHO. Some mentioned that they also put silicon tubing on the handles, as well.

denimlabels
06-10-2015, 10:35
Thanks Cotton good to know. I am going to add silicone and flip the handles. When I get back from the AT I am going to design my own line of gear and become a millionaire.

swisscross
06-10-2015, 11:07
I flipped the handles on mine but liked the original position better and flipped them back.
I also put "Nitro Line" Silicone fuel line on the handles. It is nice during use but sticks to my reflectix cozy.
Makes it difficult to place in and take out of cozy.

Guess I could have made the cozy larger but now I am considering removing the tubing.
The handles also do not fold flat against the pot with the tubing.

If you try the tubing be sure to keep the tubing a little away from the bottom of the pot as it will melt with a higher flame.