PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!! Who's ready for the weekend? Let's talk weekend plans!

BenOnAdventures
06-12-2015, 08:42
Good morning adventurers, it's finally Friday!! Who's ready for the weekend? Any big plans? Any big hikes or adventures? Let's talk about em!!

BirdBrain
06-12-2015, 09:02
Going fishing. The site is getting a reprieve. ;)

ChrisJackson
06-12-2015, 09:28
Backpacking somewhere...in Georgia...on the AT...not sure where yet though. Maybe starting at Woody... :)

Slo-go'en
06-12-2015, 09:39
Technically, this hike doesn't start until Monday, but I'll be doing the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway in southern NH with a friend. Just an obscure, little 50 mile trail, but looks like it will be a nice stumble through the woods for a couple of days.

We start on Mount Monadnock, which is the third most climbed mountain in the world. I must have climbed it at least 50 times myself when I used to live close enough to run over there anytime it looked like we'd have a nice sunset. (it used to be the second most climbed mountain in the world, but apparently there is one in China which is now 2nd).

imscotty
06-12-2015, 09:47
It's Friday, Friday
Gonna get down on Friday
Everyone's lookin forward to the weekend, weekend

I have a family Birthday party to attend this weekend. Five plus hours of driving each way. A real weekend killer.

WingedMonkey
06-12-2015, 09:58
Good morning adventurers, it's finally Friday!! Who's ready for the weekend? Any big plans? Any big hikes or adventures? Let's talk about em!!

What about you?

Going to the woods?

Or just blogging?

:sun

runt13
06-12-2015, 10:10
Saturday working full day, evening crabbing in Jersey. Then thinking the Belmar NJ seafood festival may be a play. We go play in the woods the following weekend.

RUNT ''13''

AO2134
06-12-2015, 10:13
Bartram Trail this weekend.

Dochartaigh
06-12-2015, 10:16
Going White Water Kayaking on the Lehigh River Valley Gorge in Pennsylvania! Been waiting to get back out on that water all winter long!

ocasey3
06-12-2015, 10:17
We are getting ready for our camping trip on Isle au Haut! I love it there!

swisscross
06-12-2015, 10:25
My wife thinks I am replacing the insulation around the hvac supply duct to the sunroom, installing a screen wall and cutting the grass.

I think I will be taking the girls for a day hike.....

Wonder who will win?

ChrisJackson
06-12-2015, 10:40
Made up my mind...will be between Woody Gap and Hawk Mtn this weekend. Maybe cross paths with some WTB'ers. Everyone have fun, be safe.

2000miler
06-12-2015, 10:49
Technically, this hike doesn't start until Monday, but I'll be doing the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway in southern NH with a friend. Just an obscure, little 50 mile trail, but looks like it will be a nice stumble through the woods for a couple of days.

We start on Mount Monadnock, which is the third most climbed mountain in the world. I must have climbed it at least 50 times myself when I used to live close enough to run over there anytime it looked like we'd have a nice sunset. (it used to be the second most climbed mountain in the world, but apparently there is one in China which is now 2nd).

Nice! I grew up in Sunapee, the hike up the back of Mt Sunapee was one of my favorites. Have fun!

Namtrag
06-12-2015, 11:00
staying inside. It's hot as hades here.

Thinspace
06-12-2015, 11:06
Mu Daughter is coming up to NH from Long Island this weekend and we're going to hike Welch and Dickey. First hike of the year for us both and we're stoked! Not a very demanding hike but a great one never the less!

Thinspace
06-12-2015, 11:08
My wife thinks I am replacing the insulation around the hvac supply duct to the sunroom, installing a screen wall and cutting the grass.

Wonder who will win?

I hope you win Swisscross :)

rocketsocks
06-12-2015, 11:59

Wonder who will win?
...the girls o'coarse. Good Daddy.

Me, I got my Gonzo Hawaiian shirt on, and am gonna take a walk.

twilight
06-12-2015, 12:06
Tuscarora Trail for me this weekend. Hit the trail tomorrow morning, back home Monday. Likely to sweat off 10lbs, too. :sun

Twilight

sbhikes
06-12-2015, 14:07
A day hike in the Santa Barbara front country, probably. Gotta test out the hiking skirt patterns I'm working on. Sewed a few different skirts from cotton sheets, now I need to see how long they can be and which style works best. Then I'll buy some synthetic fabric.

RangerZ
06-12-2015, 16:32
If you're doing the north part - PA/MD - I'd like to hear about it. I'm planning later this year.

denimlabels
06-12-2015, 19:38
Just got back from the Delaware Water Gap. I did an afternoon 7 mile hike today and it was hot as heck! I drank 1.5 liters of water and could have drank more. Will be back next Friday for another round. I saw a giant black snake maybe 5 feet long and some cool black & blue butterflies. I was kind of hoping to see a bear so I could show him what I can do.:D

fudgefoot
06-12-2015, 19:40
Did a 10 mile trail run today in the heat. Tomorrow I'm strapping on the pack for a practice hike in a local park to get ready for my upcoming section hike. Then an orienteering race on Sunday.

VAJeepGuy
06-12-2015, 20:51
Leaving in the morning to Hike Rockfish Gap to Crabtree Falls with my best friend, second time on the AT in a month. (It's been a good month :)

FlyFishNut
06-12-2015, 22:01
Trail race at the US Nat'l White Water Center, then paddling .... then beers at the "Brew Dash"...

BenOnAdventures
06-14-2015, 13:46
What about you?

Going to the woods?

Or just blogging?

:sun
I was swimming all weekend! It was in the upper 80s here and very humid

BenOnAdventures
06-14-2015, 13:47
Everyone's weekend plans sounded like they were a lot of fun! it's always awesome talking with all of you!!

twilight
06-16-2015, 14:59
RangerZ, I have completed from where the TT starts at the northern terminus near Darlington Shelter on th AT to Spruce Pine Hollow County Park in WV. Though the first 34.5 miles from the north end I did 10 plus years ago so I wouldn't be able to offer any current advice about that area other then I know it has changed significantly and a new shelter has been added. I would defer to any posts here or on trailjournels.com from handlebar or hardcharger both of whom have hike the whole thing. From PA641 to PA456 you will find the trail passable, pay attention for blazes though, sometimes they can be few and far between. Worst section being south of Reese Hollow shelter, though I have gotten a recent trail maintenance alert that the PATC has been doing work in that area. The PATC has built some beautiful shelters along this section of trail, too. From pa 456 south to Spruce Pine Hollow Park in WV is nearly all a road walk. Combination of woods roads gravel and asphalt. If you end your hike at the end of the C&O towpath there is a nice restaurant called Buddy Lou's right off the towpath just a tenth of a mile before the end of that section. I had a nice burger there. Buddy Lou's is in Hancock MD.

That's about all I can offer. Just keep an eye open for blazes. Sometimes there on trees that have vegetation growing on them and makes them hard to see. And don't be foolish like I was and did nearly 27 miles of road walking in the humid weather.

Twilight