PDA

View Full Version : SOBO Down the Eastern Continental Trail From WV July 5th - Looking 4 Hiking Partners

TrailName.FyreIsBorn
06-13-2015, 02:23
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Continental_Trail

Hey all, pleasure to be here. Name's Fyre, and for good reason. So they tell me that is..

July 1, 2015: Arrive at Harpers Ferry via train and then proceed to kick back and enjoy the 4th in a befittingly historical location.

July 5, 2015: Hit the trailhead and make my way south to Springer.

Fall 2015: Make my way southeast from Springer to Pensacola and continue south down the Florida trail into Everglades National Park through the winter.

June 1, 2016: Harpers Ferry 2.0, this time north to Katahdin, and then up through Maine to the Canadian border.*

There is nothing random about my above dates. Time of year is key.

====

If any flip-floppers are going to be heading SOBO from WV in July next month around the 5th, I'm currently looking for a hiking partner. Of course I don't expect company further than Springer, just would be nice to start out with another good soul for the first bit of hiking - vtruebelieverv at yahoo

Remember to stop and smell the roses everyone. Sometimes it seems hikers get too obsessed with their mileage and schedule that they let the beauty of the trail slip away from them. Remember, it's not about your latest and greatest trendy gear. Hiking is not a fashion show. Hiking is about the gear simply being a means to an end. And that end is to become one with your surroundings.*With that being said, hope everyone kicks some serious hiney hole this year on the trail!

Hike strong,

Fyre

"A man's wealth is directly proportional to the amount of things which he can afford to let alone."

-Thoreau