PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Long Trail - Part 3

12trysomething
06-14-2015, 08:23
In part 3 I wake up at William B Douglas shelter, make my way to my food cache near Rt 11, then up and over Bromley Mountain. After that I meet up with Tom and his Notch....Bad Tom, No Good Tom, Mad Tom, I don't like Tom or his Notch :) The temperature went into the mid to upper 80's, hot and humid and I was out of water. I did pass by Peru Peak shelter and spent a memorable night at Griffith Lake. After an overnight visitor, I make my way along the trail enjoying spectacular weather....until I get to White Rocks Mountain. There I encounter a late afternoon thunderstorm that left my lips tingling and my heart racing. The night ends having met Tortoise and Hare at Greenwall Shelter, 2 AT thru hikers that are near the front of the pack for 2015 AT Thru Hikers. They are a very nice young couple, but...something was fishy about one of them. :)

Thanks for watching,

Rob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ER6VTFF8pk

North Star
06-14-2015, 20:11
Thanks for posting another episode! I especially appreciated it today, since today marks the one year anniversary of the start of my Long Trail Thru hike last year, and so today I was pining for the trail more than usual. Glad to see you are having so much fun. Keep up the good work!

12trysomething
06-15-2015, 09:31
Thanks for posting another episode! I especially appreciated it today, since today marks the one year anniversary of the start of my Long Trail Thru hike last year, and so today I was pining for the trail more than usual. Glad to see you are having so much fun. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, probably hard to imagine a year has passed. I know how I get nostalgic thinking back on great times. I will be working on the final part of this series during the week then...I head back to the trail for Division 6 this weekend then 7 and part of 8 the following. I can't wait.

Thanks for the note!

- Rob

double d
06-15-2015, 11:13
Great report, thanks for sharing your experiences!!!!

12trysomething
06-16-2015, 16:00
Great report, thanks for sharing your experiences!!!!

You're more than welcome. I appreciate the comment and I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope to have part 4 (the last from this 8 day trip) up on Father's Day morning.

- Rob