PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere to leave my car for a month in Rutland, VT AT region 6/19 - 7/25?

blake
06-16-2015, 11:55
Hello,

I'd like to do a long section hike of the AT NoBo from Rutland or near rutland (Killington, etc), and I'd like to leave my car there or in the area until I hit Katahdin.

Anyone can help me out? Willing to pay some money.

Planning on arriving this weekend June 19 - 21. And finishing a little over one month.

Please hook me up!

Thank you!!!!

jbwood5
06-16-2015, 12:24
Hello,

I'd like to do a long section hike of the AT NoBo from Rutland or near rutland (Killington, etc), and I'd like to leave my car there or in the area until I hit Katahdin.

Anyone can help me out? Willing to pay some money.

Planning on arriving this weekend June 19 - 21. And finishing a little over one month.

Please hook me up!

Thank you!!!!

I left my vehicle in the parking lot across from the Inn at Long Trail. I was gone for nearly a month. I had no problems. It is a big lot.

blake
06-17-2015, 09:15
Is that like a Trailhead lot, or one owned by the Inn? Any permission needed, or is it just an unmarked lot?

Thanks!

-Blake

12trysomething
06-17-2015, 09:37
Is that like a Trailhead lot, or one owned by the Inn? Any permission needed, or is it just an unmarked lot?

Thanks!

-Blake

It is a trail head lot. If you use that one you will have about a 1 mile walk down US4 to get to the trail head for the AT/LT. Another option is leaving your car right at the AT/LT trail head. It is a bit smaller.

Disclaimer, I have no experience leaving my car at either of these trail heads for any length of time. I just know where they are. When I did my 8 day hike on the LT/AT I left my car at the Inn due to my reservation I had for the night I came off trail.

I hope this helps.

- Rob