PDA

View Full Version : Any iPhone 6+ users out there??

saltysack
06-18-2015, 11:42
How many days you getting in airplane mode? I'm doing jmt hike in few months and will mainly use my phone for camera and maybe lil music or jmt guide...I have a 6500 newtrent but only charges about 1.5 times from empty. I'll need 7 days for last leg from MTR. Thinking about the Anker 10,000 but not sure if really need more. I can't really try airplane mode before I go as its my work phone also......I realize to turn off Bluetooth, wifi and turn down brightness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Studlintsean
06-18-2015, 12:15
There was a recent thread on BPL about ways to save your battery with the new IOS. I would recommend you read that but I don't think you will have issues. I have the Anker 6400 and can charge my iPhone 5 three times with it if that helps.

Turk6177
06-18-2015, 12:47
If you fully charge your phone at MTR, it should last at least 3 days before having to use your Anker.  That charge should get you through to the end.  One thing I would recommend is to keep the phone completely off at night, and keep in warm with you.  The cold seems to make them go dead faster.  Have a great trip.  I thoroughly enjoyed that trail.

tagg
06-18-2015, 12:55
I did a 9 day trip a few weeks ago, and my 6+ lasted the entire time. I kept it on airplane mode at times during the day to use the camera, but also turned it off during the day sometimes, too. I always turned it off at night. I used it pretty much every morning and every evening to check in at home, and I was still at 15% when I finished. I carried a charger, but should have left it at home and taken a couple more candy bars.

Starchild
06-18-2015, 13:01
How much music do you plan on in terms of hours per week (7 days)?

You should do better then the iPhone 6 because you have a bigger battery as long as you don't use the phone much. I believe 7 days is more then doable with 1.5 recharging, but some 'for comfort' rationing and maybe some real rationing if you listen a lot or want streaming or cellular based services.

saltysack
06-18-2015, 13:36
Didn't plan to use off a plane mode..except for few locations where others have had service. Planned to use guthook app to view water sources etc...maybe few hours of music...think I may spend the $22 for the larger not much heavier 10,000mah Anker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dochartaigh
06-18-2015, 14:05
think I may spend the $22 for the larger not much heavier 10,000mah Anker

You'll get around ~2.25 charges with that 10,000 mah charger (most USB battery packs work to around 65% efficient for the most part). I think that would give you a little safety zone over the smaller charger and would be a good thing to carry with you.