PDA

View Full Version : TOAK is amazing!

Lynnette
06-18-2015, 14:05
TOAK OUTDOORS of CA is amazing. I have the 750, 850 and 950ml pots and I love all of them. The little tiny handle on the lid came off the 750. I notified TOAK and they VERY promptly sent a new lid. WAY TO GO TOAK!!

Cake

Dochartaigh
06-18-2015, 14:15
And they're almost always the cheapest and lightest titanium pots out there too! I have 3 of their pots and they've all served me well. I recommend them to everyone.

Old Hiker
06-18-2015, 16:32
Didn't need pots, but I got 2 of their Ti, polished bowl spoons with bags. They are pretty much the same as my completely polished REI one that I have left out of 4 I got on sale, lo, these many years ago. My REI ones have slowly disappeared over time.

Does Ti evaporate over time? :-?

Rolex
06-18-2015, 21:55
TOAK OUTDOORS of CA is amazing. I have the 750, 850 and 950ml pots and I love all of them. The little tiny handle on the lid came off the 750. I notified TOAK and they VERY promptly sent a new lid. WAY TO GO TOAK!!

Cake

Toaks customer service. If you read this, I am ordering another 850 ml pot now of yours solely because of service like this!

Vegan Packer
06-19-2015, 00:19
I just got my new 850 ML pot and lid today. My 450 ML cup arrives any day now. :banana

Singto
06-19-2015, 00:48
It's amazing how our society's expectations and business practices have gotten so low that when a company does something they should be doing (standing behind their product), they somehow receive a huge ovation as if they have done something exceptionally special. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate when I receive good service but a simple and sincere thank you is plenty acknowledgement for someone doing what they are supposed to be doing, in my opinion. Then there's the question...why did the handle come off in the first place?

Offshore
06-19-2015, 07:30
It's amazing how our society's expectations and business practices have gotten so low that when a company does something they should be doing (standing behind their product), they somehow receive a huge ovation as if they have done something exceptionally special. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate when I receive good service but a simple and sincere thank you is plenty acknowledgement for someone doing what they are supposed to be doing, in my opinion. Then there's the question...why did the handle come off in the first place?

I agree with this - I couldn't find any warranty info on their site, but on Amazon where TOAKS is a seller, they have a full lifetime warranty. In this case, they met their obligation, so why the adulation? I suppose they could have offered to repair rather than replace it. I was talking to a thru hiker last week who's ULA Circuit's center aluminum stay had poked through the bottom of his pack near the hip belt. He said a lot of people using the same pack were reporting the same issue. ULA's response was to offer to repair it. I suppose it meets the obligation of the warranty, but it was not what he wanted to hear. So maybe I'll give TOAKS a couple of points on how this was handled...

Starchild
06-19-2015, 07:47

They did go beyond what they are suppose to do, they treated the OP like a king. This goes into the trail magic debate that rages here, but really is part of the same thing, and insightful into how we should all treat each other for everyone's common good. It is so little to Toaks (or whatever company or trail angel) to give that lid (or trail magic) so readily but by doing so it means so much to the recipient (as evident here). Such stuff is praiseworthy always.

As for why the handle came apart. Looking at my Toaks pot, it is evident that it is made to be very light, muchlighter then my MSR pot in both Ti gauge of the pot and handle. That is why I choose to use the Toaks pot, it's lighter and still functional, exactly what I was looking for - but in this it will be more fragile. I can see how the handle could come off, it's a trade off.

Rolex
06-19-2015, 09:34

You are right. Society seems to have slipped their standards compared to the past in regards to quality of manufactured items. Also it is so easy to tout the fact on an infomercial or Web Page that their product has a "Lifetime warranty" with "No questions asked".

But in view of that with this decade's propensity of corporations using all means available to up their bottom line rather than doing the right thing or moral thing, It is refreshing to see a company not try to dodge the issue and step right up to make it right. I mean face it. I can jump on Alibaba and buy something from China to drink out of or cook in the woods with. But which person in our American society is helped by doing that?

Through the years I've seen some of these bad practices and I do try to praise where I see real effort. I also bitch about the bad ones rather than just walking away. Sadly though it's an uphill battle to "make" a corporation or company honor a lifetime guarantee. They plan on you going away rather than waste your time trying to force them to honor their obligation.

Yes, though it seems a bit much to praise someone for doing what should in fact be expected, but why not? It's free. It reinforces the values that we wish we were getting but doubt that we are now whenever we spend our wages on an item.

Have they done something exceptionally special ? No. Not really as you say. However they did do something that is unexpectedly better than the standards our society has let slide and anytime anyone does anything that is better than the current standards, that should be acknowledged and reinforced. As I said, Why not? It's free to give a compliment. It's also free to bitch. The saddest part is when nothing is done by the consumer and the new "norm" is set even lower as time goes by.

Now I'll go back and lurk in y corner.

mPalozzola01
06-19-2015, 17:41
What I love about toaks and why I'll buy their pots ... they list the weight and exact dimentions right on the front of the item on amazon. I can buy things based on their ability to nest water bottles and cups I have! No other brand does it at best u have to dig the dimensions out of the middle of the descript somewhere! I still like some of vargos products but any ti I have that's not vargo is certainly toaks.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

v1k1ng1001
06-28-2015, 10:42
Funny thing, my brother and I just had the same thing happen to our new toak pots on day three of our trip.

The heat is obviously compromising the adhesive they are using.

I'm thinking I might just glue it back on with some heat resistant glue as I don't really trust this design.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk