PDA

View Full Version : WTB: No-See-em net for Hammock

Cedar1974
06-21-2015, 10:34
With the summer here I need a bug net so I don't get eaten alive. Currently weight isn't an issue since I will be using it as home, but a light weight net would be nice for then I do hit the trails.

u.w.
06-21-2015, 12:54
Hmmm...

Well, there are quite a few options. The option I went with was making myself a "Fonkey Style" bugnet. If you google it, you'll get plenty of hits and of course Fronkey has a DIY video of it himself. It's dead simple to make and works very well. I made mine from 0.67 oz. no see-um and it weighs five ounces done. I got my no-see-um from Dutch over at dutchwaregear dot com. He had the best prices I saw. A lighter weight option in the no-see-um department would be the 0.50 oz. stuff sold over at ripstopbytheroll. It is more expensive though, and the cost was not worth the slight weight savings to me. YMMV of course.
A heavier option would be using the sheer curtain material got from wally. There is at least one video on youtube showing that.

As said, there a a lot of options for a hammock bug net. A lot of really good options. I used one, there are many others

u.w.