PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Monson

gumball
06-26-2015, 07:53
We are headed north for a few weeks to do a section which will end in Monson. Would there be a safe spot to leave a vehicle for an extended period of time? We would like it to be driveable when we emerge 😀

bangorme
06-26-2015, 08:05
We are headed north for a few weeks to do a section which will end in Monson. Would there be a safe spot to leave a vehicle for an extended period of time? We would like it to be driveable when we emerge 

Just like every other trailhead, don't leave stuff in your vehicle and lock it. Other than that I wouldn't worry about parking it anywhere there.

SouthMark
06-26-2015, 09:23
Rebekah at Lakeshore House let us park there. Everything was safe.

Halloween
06-26-2015, 13:53
Shaw's in Monson allows parking for a small daily fee. I think it was $1.00/day last year. I ended my section hike in Monson last year and there were many cars parked at the trailhead parking lot without any visible signs of damage although there is always some risk.

If you have time try Spring Creek Barbeque in Monson. Really good food and atmosphere.

gumball
06-26-2015, 21:37
Thanks for each of the suggestions, we will check them out. On our way to start Sunday. Any other thoughts, please chime in.

Many thanks.

gum