PDA

View Full Version : Want to hear something funny?

Husko
11-19-2005, 02:23
While growing up my family was such big meat eaters that I didn't know what rice pilaf was until i was 18 years old. I didn't know what Alfredo was until I was 22. Rice? A novelty for rich people at a Chinese restaurant. 2 years ago I almost fell out of my chair when I found noodles in chili at my co-workers (now friend) house. When I commented about it, he looked at me light I was insane. Tofu? tried that when I was 29 and I still think you people are off your rocker.

Trial life is going to be rough :o

Bassline
11-19-2005, 08:46
You will be so hungry that you wont care. It is all good.

Bassline

sarbar
11-19-2005, 11:30
You could just eat bags of meat for 6 months..hehheh. You'd be welll preserved by the end :D

Nightwalker
11-19-2005, 15:42
You could just eat bags of meat for 6 months..hehheh. You'd be welll preserved by the end :D
But his colon will have little "combs" of polyps to wash his poops clean on the way through...

HarleyHogPit
11-19-2005, 18:17
While growing up my family was such big meat eaters that I didn't know what rice pilaf was until i was 18 years old. I didn't know what Alfredo was until I was 22. Rice? A novelty for rich people at a Chinese restaurant. 2 years ago I almost fell out of my chair when I found noodles in chili at my co-workers (now friend) house. When I commented about it, he looked at me light I was insane. Tofu? tried that when I was 29 and I still think you people are off your rocker.

Trial life is going to be rough :o

HAHA. Tofu is wonderful. You can make it taste like just about anything. You probably just didn't have it prepared correctly. I don't do the meat thing at all so I'm on the other side of that fence.

SGT Rock
11-19-2005, 18:22
How about mashed 'taters? Nothing like a good meat and 'taters dinner. You could get instant and make them - tastes real good with a slice of fried spam.

MorrisseyFan
11-19-2005, 18:58
I don't do the meat thing at all so I'm on the other side of that fence.

Who would've thought that a guy named HarleyHogPit would be a vegetarian??!?!

bogey
11-19-2005, 19:01
How about mashed 'taters? Nothing like a good meat and 'taters dinner. You could get instant and make them - tastes real good with a slice of fried spam.
You know, when you fry the spam real slow til it's just a thin, crunchy almost a flake. so salty and meaty. Soon's I get off in the morning, I'm gonna go home and make some.:p

HarleyHogPit
11-19-2005, 19:08
Who would've thought that a guy named HarleyHogPit would be a vegetarian??!?!

HAHA...Who'd a thunk it. I'm a girl.

MorrisseyFan
11-19-2005, 19:20
My sincerest apologies! It was not my intention to misrepresent your gender.

On a serious note, how do you plan on getting protein on the trail? I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian now for about 4 1/2 years, and I've been contemplating adding some fish to my diet for the trail. (As it stands now, I do find myself sometimes eating Vietnamese and Thai dishes made from fish stock, and I pretend they're vegetarian.)

sarbar
11-19-2005, 19:25

On a serious note, how do you plan on getting protein on the trail? I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian now for about 4 1/2 years, and I've been contemplating adding some fish to my diet for the trail. (As it stands now, I do find myself sometimes eating Vietnamese and Thai dishes made from fish stock, and I pretend they're vegetarian.)

TVP! Freeze dried tofu! Instant beans! Cheese! Heck, pasta has lots of protien in it if you eat whole wheat :) In any case, I was a vegan for a long time..I eat meat now, but very little..mostly as an accompinant to the veggies and carbs. Btw....one of my friends is a hardcore vegan and she is who got me to do a whole page on my website on veg/vegan meals :)

HarleyHogPit
11-19-2005, 19:29

I think it's funny. Happens all the time. It ain't no thing.

LOTS OF PEANUT BUTTER!!

SGT Rock
11-19-2005, 19:31
HAHA...Who'd a thunk it. I'm a girl.
A girl with the sense of humor to have a trail name like HarleyHogPit, sounds like my kind of woman :D

No one tell my wife LOL ;)

Two Speed
11-19-2005, 20:11
A girl with the sense of humor to have a trail name like HarleyHogPit, sounds like my kind of woman :D

No one tell my wife LOL ;)Hope you got a real comfy couch, Sarge, because you may need it.

Nightwalker
11-19-2005, 20:52
TVP! Freeze dried tofu! Instant beans! Cheese! Heck, pasta has lots of protien in it if you eat whole wheat :) In any case, I was a vegan for a long time..I eat meat now, but very little..mostly as an accompinant to the veggies and carbs. Btw....one of my friends is a hardcore vegan and she is who got me to do a whole page on my website on veg/vegan meals :)
I'm no vegetarian, but I really like TVP. It goes really well in the Ramen at lunch, tastes kinda like light rice, and gives all afternoon energy. It's also the cheapest and lightest protien source out there. I also don't buy into the complete/incomplete protiens stuff or the plant estrogens in soy being a bad thing. There's not enough to worry about, because I still have some WAY vivid dreams about the squeaky-wife after about a week on the trail, eating soy every day.

Just sayin'...

smokymtnsteve
11-19-2005, 21:00

No one tell my wife LOL ;)

I gotta a extra dog house I can loan U :D

Just Jeff
11-19-2005, 21:51
Hope you got a real comfy couch, Sarge, because you may need it.

Naw - he's got a Hennessy and a garage...

Lone Wolf
11-20-2005, 00:15
I'm a vagitarian.:D

smokymtnsteve
11-20-2005, 00:18
I'm a vagitarian.:D

even on a LONG hike????:dance

Lone Wolf
11-20-2005, 00:22
Good evening Steve! veg and Vag rule!:)

smokymtnsteve
11-20-2005, 00:25
Good evening Steve! veg and Vag rule!:)

as SGT ROCK has said "I LIKE IT HOT!" :D

Lone Wolf
11-20-2005, 00:27
I'm speechless.:)

smokymtnsteve
11-20-2005, 00:34
Well it ain't hot here,,but warmer at 5 above..

got lost with a new dog team 2 days ago,,dark, snowing and 5 below.

well I wasn't exactly lost I just didn't take the correct turn and went down a trail that i had never been down before,,but I wasn't exactly lost, just didn't know right where I was at the moment...but I had all the nescessary survival gear I needed ...except I didn't have anyone to hold my hand when I went across the river,,:rolleyes:

Lone Wolf
11-20-2005, 00:37
I got lost making snow one night at Jay Peak. Funny feeling.

smokymtnsteve
11-20-2005, 00:43
I had 8 Iditarod veterans (dogs)tied to the front of my ATV , I had never run this team before,,,I got a late start (dark)and it started snowing, I missed a turn ,,finally after about 6 miles I came out of the woods at someones cabin,,,where there was enough room to turn the team around, headed back up the trail , found the turn I missed, and finally got back home to the Yurt,

these dogs can really run,, and they ain't vegetarins

justusryans
11-20-2005, 08:32
If you survive em, they're called adventures!!

Nightwalker
11-20-2005, 21:59
I'm speechless.:)
That'll be the day...

smokymtnsteve
11-21-2005, 00:13
That'll be the day...

yep,,,when R U heading up this a way frank?

we can both get lost in the dark and cold...

figuered if I stay out in the cold long enough,,the FIRES Of HELL will just be comfortable when the time comes :datz

(remember the title of this thread is "want to hear something funny") ;)

Nightwalker
11-21-2005, 00:57
yep,,,when R U heading up this a way frank?

we can both get lost in the dark and cold...

figuered if I stay out in the cold long enough,,the FIRES Of HELL will just be comfortable when the time comes :datz

(remember the title of this thread is "want to hear something funny") ;)
Steve, I'd love to get up there to see you. You know that I love your leathery carcass, and the fact that you're in non-baked Alaska is even more of a good reason.

And I know you're partly jokin' about that fire thang. You're just waiting for somebody that ain't full of it to get through your bony head. Maybe me and Rock'll get to talk to you one day. He talks better. I just joke a lot...

But I gotta tell you that God loves you, even if you're standing there clapping your hands over your ears going "lalalalalala".

Or maybe I should say that He believes in you whether you believe in Him or not. :sun

smokymtnsteve
11-21-2005, 01:26
Steve, I'd love to get up there to see you. You know that I love your leathery carcass, and the fact that you're in non-baked Alaska is even more of a good reason.

And I know you're partly jokin' about that fire thang. You're just waiting for somebody that ain't full of it to get through your bony head. Maybe me and Rock'll get to talk to you one day. He talks better. I just joke a lot...

But I gotta tell you that God loves you, even if you're standing there clapping your hands over your ears going "lalalalalala".

Or maybe I should say that He believes in you whether you believe in Him or not. :sun

Now Frank that line about me clapping my hands over my ears jist ain't funny ...U know with me being almost deaf and all :D

I HOPE and believe thar ain't NO g-d as the idea of a afterlife and having to live forever doesn't offer me any comfort at all...esp if I would have to spend it with folks liek Pat Robber-son or Jerry Falweasel, or GW BUSH,,,heck he claims to talk to god, so U know he would be in Heaven and I sure as heck don't wanna B around those kinds forever,

so I'll jist I hope that when I die I'll jist be DEAD DEAD DEAD,
Heck I'm already COLD as I've been out running with the dogs at 10 below :D

Nightwalker
11-21-2005, 01:55
Now Frank that line about me clapping my hands over my ears jist ain't funny ...U know with me being almost deaf and all :D

I HOPE and believe thar ain't NO g-d as the idea of a afterlife and having to live forever doesn't offer me any comfort at all...esp if I would have to spend it with folks liek Pat Robber-son or Jerry Falweasel, or GW BUSH,,,heck he claims to talk to god, so U know he would be in Heaven and I sure as heck don't wanna B around those kinds forever,

so I'll jist I hope that when I die I'll jist be DEAD DEAD DEAD,
Heck I'm already COLD as I've been out running with the dogs at 10 below :D
Why would you imagine that a bunch of power-hungry, lying weasels are on God's side? Just 'cause a man says he's God's little buddy don't make it true. Believe that one!

smokymtnsteve
11-21-2005, 02:04
http://www.alaskab4udie.com/

Skeemer
11-21-2005, 09:45
SMS replied to Nightwalker:

You forgot the Pope and the catholic church.

smokymtnsteve
11-21-2005, 17:28
You forgot the Pope and the catholic church.

your right I completely forgot about the cattlikkers :eek: