PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Talon 11 or Tempest series ?

centerfieldr162
06-30-2015, 08:50
Does anyone have this pack? I have a larger Osprey pack for overnight trips but I'm looking for something smaller to dayhike with. I have checked with local outfitters and there's nowhere around that carries a Talon in the 11 liter size. I am looking to see if anyone has pictures of this pack on their back?

I've also contemplated the women's Tempest 16 in the XS/S size and the Tempest 9 in the S/M size. The problem is that I don't have anywhere to try these on and have not been able to find any pictures with the pack on someone's back or any videos showing the pack on someone's back. I am wanting to see this not for sizing (I already know what sizes will fit with my body frame) but more so to see how "big" the pack appears on the back.

Thanks in advance for any help. All advice welcome

centerfieldr162
06-30-2015, 09:30
Found a video on youtube for the Talon 11 and it shows some pictures of the pack on the owner's back. However, I still cannot find such information for the Tempest series.

Namtrag
06-30-2015, 12:36
I believe Osprey considers them the same pack. I have seen Talon/Tempest Series used on their website.

ComposerDude
07-03-2015, 21:21
I'd recommend checking out the Marmit Kompressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ComposerDude
07-03-2015, 21:28
Sorry, *Marmot Kompressor. The beauty is that the sides compress downwards to hold the load (vs compressing from front to back). I love mine! It's super lightweight and the perfect day pack.

centerfieldr162
07-03-2015, 21:29
Sorry, *Marmot Kompressor. The beauty is that the sides compress downwards to hold the load (vs compressing from front to back). I love mine! It's super lightweight and the perfect day pack.

I am really big on hip belts so I really want a pack with a hip belt and pockets on the hip belt.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ComposerDude
07-03-2015, 21:33
Have you thought about a lumbar pack? Depending on how much gear you need, they are perfect for day hikes! Osprey makes a few that include hip belt pockets.