PDA

View Full Version : Food on the Trail Vernon NJ

susaneraia
06-30-2015, 16:16
Hello Hikers, I wanted to let you know that Heaven Hill farm in Vernon NJ now has sandwiches and salads in addition to beverages ice cream and baked goods. I am the chef and make everything from cook from scratch with as many local ingredients as possible and always try to have a vegetarian option. Prices range from 3 to 7 dollars. We have wash sinks and a tent to relax under. If you are a large group (over 8) let me know when you're coming though and I will make sure we have enough to feed you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsingjane
06-30-2015, 17:49
I am so glad to hear this! We were through there about a month ago and while the ice cream is fabulous, we were hoping for regular food as well. Your store and folks are very hospitable and I hope you get many hungry hikers!

Jane in CT

jbwood5
06-30-2015, 18:48
Hello Hikers, I wanted to let you know that Heaven Hill farm in Vernon NJ now has sandwiches and salads in addition to beverages ice cream and baked goods. I am the chef and make everything from cook from scratch with as many local ingredients as possible and always try to have a vegetarian option. Prices range from 3 to 7 dollars. We have wash sinks and a tent to relax under. If you are a large group (over 8) let me know when you're coming though and I will make sure we have enough to feed you.

That's awesome! The day I walked through there the tents were full of dozens of kidies. There must have been a day camp nearby. Pretty cute. I did find an empty picnic table and there is quite a bit of space there.

susaneraia
06-30-2015, 19:58
Sometimes we have school trips and birthday parties but there is always a place to hang and thanks for the complements . We try to do the best to give you trailers a place to chill. We knew there was a need for some real food and I am a home chef who works there doing other things and jumped at the chance to make some food. My name is Susan. Say hi if you stop in and I hope you enjoy my stuff

susaneraia
06-30-2015, 20:05
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/30/f6871b1b50c5daf0fcfcb61bdba3ab62.jpg

susaneraia
06-30-2015, 20:08
Just a sample of what I'm making. Menu always changing and I cook my own meats and veggies . No cold cuts.

susaneraia
06-30-2015, 20:10
Just a sample of what I'm making. Menu always changing and I cook my own meats and veggies . No cold cuts or prepared salads . All homemade.

Offshore
07-01-2015, 07:12
Heaven Hill is located on Route 94 less than a quarter mile north from where the AT crosses 94. It's great place to stop before starting the Stairway to Heaven. I'm not sure if its in AWOL's guide. It is only mentioned in a comment on Guthook's app. I day hike in the area and am always recommending it to thrus I meet. I have to be gluten free due to celiac, so I've only been able to watch friends enjoy the ice cream and pies, but never a bad review and very hiker friendly people there.

susaneraia
07-01-2015, 19:06
Thanks offshore for the nice post. I did a few vegan dishes last week. Will work on the gluten thing next.

dzierzak
07-02-2015, 08:41
Heaven Hill is mentioned in the 2015 THC.

susaneraia
07-19-2015, 20:04
We have had s bunch of hikers come through. Hope they are happy with my cookin. :)

Dogwood
07-19-2015, 20:22
I'll take three Ramapo Wraps and a triple scoop vanilla ice cream, with sprinkles and hot fudge. Thx Susan.

susaneraia
07-19-2015, 22:14
Dogwood. Nice. Totally balanced meal.

susaneraia
07-19-2015, 22:17
If you are passing through let me know. I have been doing less roasted veggies because the yummy summer stuff is available