PDA

View Full Version : March 8th, 2016 start date

LibertyBell
07-01-2015, 01:19
I just booked my plane ticket and will by flying to the Atlanta, Georgia Airport on March 6, 2016. I hope to do the approach trail on the 7th and then spend the night at the lodge for a start date of March 8th on the AT. If there is anyone else wanting to start with someone let me know. I must admit, Just getting out of the house will be the first obstacle for me so that is why I got my ticket early. Then the unknown starts. You can read articles and books until you are on information overload but getting out there alone will be quite the adventure. I backpack alone now but not for 2200 miles. I am definitely going and super excited to be doing so. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Jeff "Liberty" Bell

Sethern
07-01-2015, 08:52
I will be starting March 1. Might run into me at some point as I expect to be starting off slow. Keep an eye out for a rather large guy with a Littlefoot patch (the dinosaur from Land before Time) on his pack.

Chris Miller (Littlefoot)

LibertyBell
07-04-2015, 19:36
I will do that LittleFoot. If the trail in 2016 is anything like this year, you better have that patch on your rain cover in order for me to see it. Anyway, look forward to seeing all your hikers.
Jeff (Liberty) Bell

oblivionewtonjohn
07-06-2015, 18:28
I too will be leaving around the same time. In the planning stages now, but early March is pretty much a hard date I've set.

Spence Crawford (oblivionnewtonjohn)

Sethern
07-08-2015, 16:37
Lol it is already on my pack. Not a big fan of covers. I have used them in the past and they don't seem to do much for me if it rains more than a few hours. I just go with the trash compactor bag and good stuff sacks. I do at times put my rain poncho over the pack but in the end I find that your pack is going to get wet. I don't fight it too much. Can not wait to get started. Hope to see you all out there.

dbright
07-08-2015, 17:00
I will be leaving on Feb 29th. Trail name Safeway. Look forward to seeing you on the trail. Good luck

Old Hiker
07-08-2015, 18:08
Another 29 Feb 2016 start here. You guys will be passing me about a week after you start or so - I'm pretty slow.

Putting TWO small patches somewhere on my pack: John 3:16 and "Embrace the Suck".

dbright - you staying at the Hiker Hostel?

See you on the Trail.

appompa255
07-09-2015, 08:56
Lol it is already on my pack. Not a big fan of covers. I have used them in the past and they don't seem to do much for me if it rains more than a few hours. I just go with the trash compactor bag and good stuff sacks. I do at times put my rain poncho over the pack but in the end I find that your pack is going to get wet. I don't fight it too much. Can not wait to get started. Hope to see you all out there.

What type or brand of TC bag do you use? I've seen different types out*there.

dbright
07-09-2015, 10:23
old hiker
I am not sure at the moment. I have a ride from the marta to the park so I may stay there on Sunday and start out early monday morning. There is another hiker starting around that time. I hiked with him this summer as practice.

Sethern
07-09-2015, 10:30
What type or brand of TC bag do you use? I've seen different types out*there.

I had been using HDX but I am thinking of using a new bag that I have been seeing at Walmart made by The Gorilla glue people. They are 3.3 mil.