PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all, are there any hiker hostels open Mid October on the LT?

ShelterLeopard
07-01-2015, 10:45
Hey y'all, are there any hiker hostels open Mid October on the LT? Looking to do a shakedown for my PCT thru this October during an academic break, and I need a place to park my car. (I plan to hitch about 40 miles away from my car and hike back to the car/hostel and spend a night there). Either LT or AT in Vermont works. Preferably someplace that isn't too expensive. Originally planned to stay at Jeff's, but I'm pretty sure he closes in September.

Slo-go'en
07-01-2015, 12:43
Yea, Jeff closes in September. About the only other lodging are B+B's and they can be very expensive, especially if it's still leaf peeping season or Columbus weekend. Keep in mind the weather can be really rough in mid October so it is helpful to be flexible with your exact dates and time it to coincide with good weather, although you usually can't get more then 3 days in a row that time of year.

Slo-go'en
07-01-2015, 12:45
Oh, the Inn at the Long Trail has a $50 hiker rate, which is about the best your gonna do. Their on RT 4 just north of Killington/Pico peak and just south of the AT/LT junction.

illabelle
07-01-2015, 14:27
We stayed with Jeff around Columbus Day in 2013. Suggest you check with him to be sure.

ShelterLeopard
07-01-2015, 16:21
Slo-go'en, totally forgot about the Inn!! Thanks, $50 is pretty decent (when I'm not out for the long haul, anyway ;)

peakbagger
07-01-2015, 16:23
You are pushing leaf season and hikers rates may be blacked out, definitely check in advance.