PDA

View Full Version : July 27-Aug 28, VT/NH, hiking partner needed

lianabelle82
07-06-2015, 09:36
Hi there!

My name is Liane and I'm looking for a hiking partner for a relaxed hike through Vermont and New Hampshire during August. Message me if you're interested. I'm a moderately experienced backpacker and have all my own gear. I'm also a Registered Nurse and am certified in Wilderness First Aid. I'm a fun and laid back person.

Last time I was on the trail for a very short hike (pre-trail legs) I was going about 10 miles a day. I'm hoping that after the first week I'll be going closer to 20 a day.

My leave date and location are flexible.

Peapaw
07-08-2015, 10:44
Hey,

My name is John(Peapaw).See thread 4/23/15. I hiked last year till illness took me off the trail at NY/CT border and have been looking to get back and finish the trail.
I also am a moderately experienced backpacker with my own gear. I am a retired pharmacist. I am fun loving person who, I am told, don't act my age.

Last year averaged 15 to 18 miles a day but started out closer to 8 to 10 a day. If you are interested let's talk.

cdk4091
07-09-2015, 09:45
Hello:

My name is Dale. I did CT and part of MA in June and have completed the trail from Springer to central PA. Your daily distances are comparable to mine and I am interested in joining you. I am a retired school superintendent and army officer and my schedule is also flexible.

CPT Kirk

namaste7
07-10-2015, 23:15
Hey
I'm starting mid July in Katahdin, SOBO. I might be in your area around the time you're looking. If you're interested I'll keep in touch when I get close and maybe we can hike some together.

Peapaw
07-12-2015, 11:10
Hello:

My name is Dale. I did CT and part of MA in June and have completed the trail from Springer to central PA. Your daily distances are comparable to mine and I am interested in joining you. I am a retired school superintendent and army officer and my schedule is also flexible.

CPT Kirk

Dale, Our distances and age seem to mesh Lets's talk. John

lianabelle82
07-22-2015, 10:15
Dale, Our distances and age seem to mesh Lets's talk. John

I'm glad you guys found each other to hike with. Maybe I'll see you along the way!

Jeff
07-22-2015, 13:23
Prime thruhiker season in VT and NH when you are hiking. You will not be alone. :)