PDA

View Full Version : Dry Bags

Ridgeline
07-06-2015, 14:31
Looking to upgrade from the Walmart dry bags. I'm looking for 2 relatively large roll top dry bags for food and clothing. I'm looking for a combo of function and low price. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. You guys have steered me in the direction of wise purchases as of late and I greatly appreciate your help.

Water Rat
07-06-2015, 15:12
Have you looked into Sea To Summit? They make a nice line of Ultra-Sil Dry Sacks. http://www.seatosummit.com/product/?item=Ultra-Sil%26reg%3B+Dry+Sack&o1=0&o2=0&o3=281-22

I'm not sure what you are looking for in a low price, but you can sometimes find sales. I hope it helps!

Walkintom
07-06-2015, 15:14
Sea to Summit is nice. +1

Also, check out Outdoor Research. Everything they make is covered by their infinite guarantee. Helps on an emotional level to amortize a price out over a lifetime if it's higher than you initially want to pay...

HooKooDooKu
07-06-2015, 16:13
When hanging my food, I don't like to trust the closure clip. I want something else that I can clip to that I can feel more assured of.

That is why I do not like the Sea-To-Summit Ultra-Sil dry sacks. They concentrate so much on making the sack light-weight that they do not include a D-Clip.

I currently use the Set-To-Summit eVAC dry sack. It comes with a D-Clip and the sides of the sack are a little bit more robust. Yes that comes with a little bit more weight, but I'd rather the thicker material and D clip when it comes to my food. BTW, the "eVAC" feature is pretty usesless IMHO. It works, but it works so slowly as to not be worth the effort to try to squeeze the air out of a food bag. It's so much easier to just unroll it and let the air out the top than it is to try to squeeze the air out.

When it comes to cloths, I simply use a Trash Compactor Bag as a pack liner and then include my cloths, sleeping bag, and anything else that I want to keep dry in the pack liner.

For gear I want to keep handy (rather than buried inside a pack liner), I've recently purchased a small Granite Gear dry bag.

v1k1ng1001
07-06-2015, 21:49
I found the outdoor research ultralight bag to be a better value than the granite gear and sea to summit. Used a 15 L as my bear hang bag for 5 days last week. Gunna pick up a few more for clothing and sleep system.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MuddyWaters
07-06-2015, 22:41
I found the outdoor research ultralight bag to be a better value than the granite gear and sea to summit. Used a 15 L as my bear hang bag for 5 days last week. Gunna pick up a few more for clothing and sleep system.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dont need drybags.
Reynolds oven turkey bags as liners work fine