PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a old movie (non-AT)

Husko
11-20-2005, 21:15
Hi. I'm looking for a movie I watched a long time ago. Something about a guy who sees wolves living off mice in the winter and he ends up in a cabin eating them as well.

What I remember most is him cooking mice in an abandoned cabin because he was starving, He ran with a bunch of caribou with out any cloths an was happy that spring was coming.

Heh. LOL anyway. Anyone remember this movie?

smokymtnsteve
11-20-2005, 21:22
never cry wolf?

Husko
11-20-2005, 21:55
hey thanks, I think that might be it. for some reason I thought It was cry of th wild. I read it last week. certainly not what I was looking for lol. I remember reading a book about never cry wolf too i think... At the end of the bood, does the guy get attacked by wolves and picked up by a ship?

Spirit Walker
11-21-2005, 00:11
No - different ending. Never Cry Wolf is a 'true' story about a Canadian researcher who went to the arctic to study wolves. The mainstream notion of wolves was that they were killing off all the caribou. The author wanted to show that they actually lived off the mice and that it was hunters who were killing off the caribou. As you stated, he ate mice to show that you could live off them. There is some controversy about the author, Farley Mowat, but he writes a good book. I've read several of them. That was one of my favorites. I enjoyed the movie too, though they changed it a bit.

neo
11-21-2005, 10:29
Hi. I'm looking for a movie I watched a long time ago. Something about a guy who sees wolves living off mice in the winter and he ends up in a cabin eating them as well.

What I remember most is him cooking mice in an abandoned cabin because he was starving, He ran with a bunch of caribou with out any cloths an was happy that spring was coming.

Heh. LOL anyway. Anyone remember this movie?

i saw that movie 20 years ago,he was studying caribou,he found wolfs ate mice,he ate mice and carried one heck of a supply of beer also,call
this number 615-321-4069 cumberland transit an outfitter,ask for allen
he may be able to order a copy for you:cool: neo

neo
11-21-2005, 10:37
here is a link
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086005/

i hope this helps:cool: neo

neo
11-21-2005, 10:40
here is a copy of the movie for sell:cool: neo

http://www.videomoviehouse.com/catalog.php?format=any&search=1&search_by=title&keywords=never+cry+wolf&osCsid=f1f41431e4c57c858f8ab51a1c7df12f&x=4&y=13

SavageLlama
11-23-2005, 17:28
How funny to read this thread.. I just watched this movie last night! Not a bad flick.

Scribe
11-23-2005, 17:55
Farley never ate any mice, ran naked with caribous, nor was picked up by any ship - at least not in his book. If the movie is called "Never Cry Wolf", it sounds as if they had someone other that Farley Mowat do the script.

RenaissanceMan98
11-23-2005, 23:40
According to his book, he certainly did eat mice. I suggest you re-read chapter 11, Souris a la Creme. Then move on, perhaps, to Chapter 20, Naked to the wolves. You are correct, however about the lack of a ship.

RenaissanceMan98
11-23-2005, 23:42
Correction: The chapter in which he runs naked with the caribou and finds himself exposed when the wolves reappear, is Chapter 19, not 20. My apologies.

SavageLlama
11-30-2005, 21:42
Picked up by a ship? There aren't any ships in the movie either.. :confused:

btw, I got it on Netflix.