PDA

View Full Version : Spivey Gap to 19E

Bear Cables
07-08-2015, 14:24
We are planning our fall section. Thinking about Spivey to 19E. We don't see parking on the map at 19E but do see parking at Carvers Gap. My questions are: If we plan on going to 19E and there is no parking is there a place to wait for a pick up( We have a cousin that may be able to drop us at Spivey and pick us up at 19E. If there is no where to wait can we leave our car at Carvers Gap and end our section there? Another question is how is the cell service in case we need to call our cousin and coordinate pick ups.

saltysack
07-08-2015, 14:56
Mountain harbor hostel very close to AT on 19e...will let u park for small fee..offer shuttles also. Great people & place. They shuttled me few years back to iron mtn gap very reasonable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-K
07-08-2015, 15:00
We are planning our fall section. Thinking about Spivey to 19E. We don't see parking on the map at 19E but do see parking at Carvers Gap. My questions are: If we plan on going to 19E and there is no parking is there a place to wait for a pick up( We have a cousin that may be able to drop us at Spivey and pick us up at 19E. If there is no where to wait can we leave our car at Carvers Gap and end our section there? Another question is how is the cell service in case we need to call our cousin and coordinate pick ups.

Yes, the trail comes right up to 19E and while there's not room for long-term parking there it's plenty big enough to pull over and load up passengers. There's cell service coming down the mountain to 19E so you could call an hour or 2 before you got to the highway.

cj2874
07-09-2015, 13:12
Use Mountain Harbor to park. I would not leave a car at 19e.

Tennessee Viking
07-09-2015, 13:24
Rocks and drop from Roan may hurt me. But parking at 19E is not a good idea. Mtn Harbour B&B .3 miles down road.

bigcranky
07-09-2015, 14:48
Mt Harbour is 1/4 mile from the trail, and a pleasant and safe spot to leave a car.

Moosling
07-09-2015, 14:58
Mountain Harbor is the way to go I did a winter hike from Carvers Gap to 19E back in Late december and left my car there and got a shuttle out. Great people really cool hostel.