PDA

View Full Version : Early-mid May

lucybu
07-08-2015, 17:21
Hey! I was wondering if there will be many people leaving from Springer around mid May (like the 10th-15th)? I won't be able to leave until then, but I don't want to be too far behind most...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidNH
07-08-2015, 18:06
by then you are past the peak crowds going north bound.Also.. it's a little late for a northbound thru unless you plan to really haul!

map man
07-08-2015, 18:44
:welcome to Whiteblaze, lucybu.

Every year there are several NOBO thru-hiker hopefuls who have to wait until the end of the college year before leaving around the time you will be leaving. That number grows each year as more and more people attempt thru-hikes. A five month (or less) thru-hike is plenty do-able for some but not for others.

daddytwosticks
07-09-2015, 07:18
I hike all around north Georgia and southern NC on the AT as much as possible that time of year. I love that time of year. Warm days, cool nights, fresh leaves on the trees. I see lots of people starting thru hikes at that time, just as Map Man says. Good luck and have fun. :)

lucybu
07-09-2015, 08:54
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hikingmaddie
07-10-2015, 19:08
ill be starting around the first (after my exams), so id say map man is right and youll catch some college kids out there! :)