PDA

View Full Version : Replacement wrist straps for trekking poles

Ridgeline
07-13-2015, 14:13
Anyone know where you can purchase replacement straps for trekking poles that are made out of a decently comfortable material? I'm doing a 3 day hike in a few weeks with a friend that is curious about using trekking poles for the first time. I'll be using my new Leki poles and I've got some perfectly functional Walmart poles that I'm going to let my friend try out. My only complaint with the Walmart poles is that the wrist straps are made out of a very uncomfortable material and I don't want that to turn my buddy off from trekking poles. I've looked on ebay, amazon, rei, etc. to see if anyone sells replacement straps and I haven't found any. Just wondering if any of you guys know of any website that sells them. The $20 Walmart poles would be the perfect entry level/budget poles if they had a wrist strap that wasn't so harsh on your skin.

Walkintom
07-13-2015, 15:42
Let your buddy borrow the Lekis.

You know all about good straps and he doesn't. Suck it up and deal with the crappy wrist straps for the duration of the hike so he can experience the nice ones.

peakbagger
07-13-2015, 15:49
I expect I have several sets of new Leki straps in my repair box as the first thing I do is remove them. In northern new England conditions they are a liability due to potential for injury.

Ridgeline
07-13-2015, 15:51
Let your buddy borrow the Lekis.

You know all about good straps and he doesn't. Suck it up and deal with the crappy wrist straps for the duration of the hike so he can experience the nice ones.

This is going to be my first hike with the Lekis...so that's not happening lol. If I can't find any straps I'll just go with plan B and just remove the crappy straps and let him go strapless.

Ridgeline
07-13-2015, 15:55
I expect I have several sets of new Leki straps in my repair box as the first thing I do is remove them. In northern new England conditions they are a liability due to potential for injury.

If you have a couple you would be willing to part with, send me a PM and let me know what you want for them.