PDA

View Full Version : Inn 230

PushingDaisies
01-20-2003, 21:25
Inn 230 is a great hostel that is just on the border of Maryland and West Virginia.

It features beds with linens, shower and towel, breakfast, shuttle back to AT for $15 a night. There are also two private rooms with own bathroom for more.

The owner also owns an organic veggie farm, so almost all the food comes from the farm. Dinner (for $8) consists of homemade soups, breads and salads. This place has great food! It is mostly vegetarian, but they did have fresh eggs from the farm.

To get to Inn 230, where the AT exits the C&O towpath, continue on for .7 mile. There should be a sign that says "230" and points to the left. Cross over the railroad tracks to a (busy!) paved road. Go right about 500 feet to Knoxville Rd. The house is about half a block away on the left side. Yellow house with a "230" sign on porch.

The past year, the guy who ran the hostel worked at the Outfitter in Harper's Ferry and would give people rides to the hostel from town. I don't know if he will be there this year though.

If you go, don't forget to sign the ceiling in the attic bunk room!

Peaks
01-21-2003, 09:59
Was that place new last year? I don't recall it from the previous year.

PushingDaisies
01-23-2003, 23:09
Yes, it was new last year. There were not very many people on the trail that knew about it, though.

Crash! Bang!
09-07-2005, 00:01
i wish i wouldve known about it. i found the proprietors at harpers ferry hostel somewhat unpleasant.

bearbait2k4
09-07-2005, 03:16
i wish i wouldve known about it. i found the proprietors at harpers ferry hostel somewhat unpleasant.
I was one of the last lucky hikers to stay at the Inn 230, in 2003. The owners (former thru-hikers) sold the place and were 1 week away from moving when I stayed there.

It was a wonderful hostel, but it is no longer there.

BooBoo
01-14-2006, 00:01
Yep my buddy H used to run the place. In '02 he and I put on a hiker feed before I left to go up to my brother Yogi's place in NY.