PDA

View Full Version : Icebreaker Clothing

jollies
11-21-2005, 19:57
Anyone have any experience with Icebreaker Merino wool clothing? I am looking at purchasing some by way of a recommendation, but seeing the cost, I want to make sure that this is good stuff before I buy it and hear other's input!

Whistler
11-21-2005, 23:45
You find Icebreaker, Ibex, and Smartwool on www.sierratradingpost.com about 99% of the time, so it's easy to find a good break on the prices. Just keep checking every now and then. I find all three brands to be of similar quality, haven't regretted a purchase.
-Mark

soulrebel
11-22-2005, 08:28
I've recently blown out my cc buying smartwool and icebreaker's for myself and wife.

Smartwool has micro, lightweight, and midweight---loose relaxed fit, looser necklines and sleeves
icebrekaer has skin190, skin200, skin260gm/in -- more athletic fit, closer neckline, shorter sleeves.

smartwool micro is definately the lightest of the bunch but so light I actually ripped a small hole in the other day by accident.

Icebreaker has more styles and colors in the t-shirt crew and stitching is double cross stitch so longer lasting, but who knows if you'll keep it that long. Some icebreakers do NOT have over the shoulder seams so they're more comfortable with backpacking, but this doesn't usually apply to their crew t-shirts.

smartwool is just as good and I have those also. Both are nice to find on sale for 30-40 bucks at season's end... Expect to pay 60-80bucks for longsleeve smartwool or icebreakers.

comes down to this 4 me-- smartwool micros--spring/summer lightweight--spring/summer/fall midweight---fall/winter
icebreaker skin 190---spring/summer/fall/winter icebreaker 200 spring/fall/winter -icebreaker 260 fall/winter