PDA

View Full Version : Jackets.

Titmouse
07-14-2015, 16:28
I am looking to get a jacket for when i visit GA the following march. I am looking for something in 150-200 dollar range, synthetic. What would you recommend? and from your experience as far as weather what should I expect? Thanks!

bigcranky
07-15-2015, 07:52
Do you mean a synthetic puffy for warmth? You'll need it, temps can get pretty low in March in Georgia. I would expect lows around 30F and highs in the 50s, but be prepared for lows in the teens or lower, with highs in the 30s. Of course you can also get highs in the 70s, so go figure :)

My personal preference for a warm puffy is the Montbell Alpine Light parka -- it's down, so it's lighter and compresses better for the warmth. It's within your price range and can sometimes be found on sale. For synthetics, Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, and others make good synthetic puffy jackets. Try to keep it around a pound total weight.

jimyjam
07-15-2015, 08:09
I highly recommend The North Face Thermoball (I have the hoodie)! I got it for Christmas last year and it is awesome! Lightweight, packs inside its own pocket and synthetic so it keeps you warm even if it gets wet. I am taking on my thru hike next year!

Life is full of ups and downs! Hike on!