PDA

View Full Version : Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge trip

Damn Yankee
07-14-2015, 19:19
I would like to do a Two-night, three day canoe/kayak trip in early Sept. or in Oct. Cost is – $395 per person with min. of 2 people. We would share all cost to and from and use my truck. Here is the website

http://www.okefenokeeadventures.com/

Dogwood
07-14-2015, 21:28
solo or tandem canoe or solo/tandem kayaks? rentals? or do you have a boat(s), depending on how we did it we could pull our own permit for a 3 day 2 nighter, use our own tent, stove(s), sleeping bags, bring our own chow, rent our own boats(I may be able to borrow boats), and do the same trip minus the guide for half that price per person

Ever float the Congaree River in SC?

Damn Yankee
07-14-2015, 23:29
At this point I don't have a kayak but hope to have one soon. However we can get it done would be fine with me. I like cheaper. I think we need to get permits two months in advance. I have never been on the Congaree River. Is that something you want to do?

TNhiker
07-14-2015, 23:39
i could be convinced to do something like this........

although, it can be done for alot cheaper doing it without a service.....

i bought a one person canoe a couple of years ago, for the main purpose of hitting the island campgrounds of the Smokies----and found that i really dig doing trips by throwing gear, cooler, and myself in a canoe and go on an overnighter.............

and there's plenty of lakes here in the southeast (fontana, santeelah, calderwood, etc etc), that i can hit within a 3 hour drive-----so slap the canoe on the car, and do a quick overnighter.........