PDA

View Full Version : Bear bag

Ceaster22
07-15-2015, 16:26
Im just curious about the antigravity gear bear bag and everyone's opinions of them as far as convince and durability. Thanks

Rex Clifton
07-15-2015, 18:28
Have not used but I really like my ZPacks food bag. It's about the same price and cuben fiber will be alot more durable than the sil nylon on the AGG bag.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

bigcranky
07-16-2015, 07:04
I have the Zpacks bag and used to use a silnylon bear bag. I really like the Zpacks bag, but the cuben fiber is less durable in my experience. Lots of little pinholes from rolling it, and mice can and do chew into the bag. The nice thing is that duct tape sticks to cuben extremely well, so field repair is easy. Can't do that with silnylon.

To the OP: that AGG bag system looks terrific. It's designed to use the PCT Method for hanging. The OP sack is crucial, in my experience, so don't leave it at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latitude918
07-16-2015, 14:08
I'm terrible at hanging bear bags. There never seems to be that perfect branch that you see in every youtube video. I use an ursack instead. It is a lot heavier but I don't have to worry about the rock bag hitting me in the head anymore.

bigcranky
07-16-2015, 14:34
I don't have to worry about the rock bag hitting me in the head anymore.

Done that. :)

MkBibble
07-18-2015, 00:02
It's called evening entertainment