PDA

View Full Version : Trail Experiment

Ink
07-19-2015, 17:02
Hello all! My husband is a Sci FI author and I know many of my friends enjoy reading a book when they do sectional hiking etc. I thought it would be a neat experiment to drop off his novel(don't worry..it has great reviews, even a professional one- even recommended on a Sci Fi pod cast) to a shelter (closest to me is Harpers Ferry right now) and see how it travels up or down the AT.

This was my idea since I'm the hiker in the family.

Originally I was was dropping off a few copies to the Double Springs Gap shelter in Bristol TN this weekend along with water and snacks and was more than halfway there when we had a fellow hiker in our group get really ill and we had to take him back down via the Josuah trail that intersects the AT to get back to camp. Though I did get to see an owl on that hike..:)

Would anyone like to help? I can even send one out to a drop station of your choice. I only ask that you take an occasional selfie with the book and tag the author and let us know where you are on the trail. There are instructions inside the book as well. Hopefully it can pass hands many times. We would love a review too!

Thanks for reading my post! Happy hiking!

Lone Wolf
07-19-2015, 17:05
i think it''s fine but others are gonna tell you it's littering

Ink
07-19-2015, 17:11
i think it''s fine but others are gonna tell you it's littering

This is is why I was actually hoping to meet up with a few through hikers to hand out some trail magic and a book, and to see if anyone wanted one mailed out first.

Thanks for the input!

kayak karl
07-19-2015, 17:19
Why not drop it at a hostel and have them pass it on (Give the hostel owner their own book ;))

Ink
07-19-2015, 17:27
Why not drop it at a hostel and have them pass it on (Give the hostel owner their own book ;))
Are you asking for a book!:) I'd be happy to send you one, just pass it one when you are done!