PDA

View Full Version : Granite Gear Nimbus Latitude

PartnerShip
11-22-2005, 18:06
I just purchased this backpack today after reading reviews and finding it a great price $120.00 at a local outfitters called the Frugal Backpacker here in WNC, all over the internet it is priced at $230

Has anyone had any experience with this one.
My first thru hike and actually to be honest my first backpacking ever but after tying on numerous packs and rading reviews for the past 2 months this one feels great and has good reviews and fits my Frugal backpacking budget.
I am excited. I look forward to SORUCK 2006 and hope to see some of the future NOBO Hikers there
This site it is great and I welcome all advice, suggestions, etc

TooTall
11-22-2005, 21:44
Isn't this the next model up from the Granite Gear Vapor Trail? The Vapor Trail is rated for about 30lbs pack weight. Isn't the Nimbus Latitude for about 40lbs pack weight?

Too Tall Paul

Husko
11-22-2005, 22:19
I think it's the nimbus ozone pack that is rated to 40 pounds. I guess from the website it, was built from the ozone and the access FZ system. Thier description of this pack is not very helpful.

Kerosene
11-23-2005, 11:13
I have the Nimbus Ozone, which I use to carry 23-28 pounds with supplies. I can see going up to 35 pounds, but 40 pounds would be pushing it.

PartnerShip
11-24-2005, 00:32
Thanks for the replies
I also after research and thinking and purchasing from ebay another granite gear back pack today from Harpers Ferry that I will start in Springer mtn with the Nimbus Latitude and then in the summer months when you can carry less try out the Granite Gear Virga rated best for ultralight and with my inexperience but also gift of research and listening to lots of differnt advice and finding my own way hope to accomplish this upcoming hike
look forward to any and all advice and love this website
thanks