PDA

View Full Version : Plane ticket purchased MASSHOLES here I come!

Gambit McCrae
07-22-2015, 09:16
Will be doing Salisbury CT NOBO Thru Vermont for 9 days in September
Hoping for good weather as I have had crappy weather for the entirety of my last 2 week long trips haha!

Deadeye
07-22-2015, 09:42
I don't think my good neighbors in Massachusetts will appreciate that much.

Gambit McCrae
07-22-2015, 09:49
Massholes? oh no its okay I talked to them about it they love it and even made patches! lmao

Sarcasm the elf
07-22-2015, 10:43
Massholes is now an established that is in the Oxford English Dictionary.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/06/24/masshole-added-oxford-english-dictionary/3wKZvpNtkccYi11e9djopN/story.html

It is also the standard term used to describe Massachusetts drivers, you should be safe as long as you stick to the walking trails.

Sarcasm the elf
07-22-2015, 10:46
Also, the trail around the CT/MA border is one of the most scenic hikes in Southern New England, I hope tou enjoy it.

Once you get north of Jug End then it gets real swampy for a while, but you can just push through try and spend the night at upper goose pond cabin if you can, it's a real nice place as well, just make sure to leave a small donation if you do.

Gambit McCrae
07-22-2015, 10:53
sARCASM I do not have a shuttle from Hartford yet would you be interested in doing it? If not, could you supply some shuttles in the area that would take me from Hartford to Salisbury Sept 5th?

BirdBrain
07-22-2015, 11:02
I don't think my good neighbors in Massachusetts will appreciate that much.

Just don't say that they are from away and you will be fine. My mother-in-law lived in Marlborough late in her life. I had the best mother-in-law on the planet. My wife went away to visit her often. I must have hated my wife while she was away. I call my friends in Mass massholes. They call me a mainiac. I say they are flat landers from away. They say I live in an annexed suburb of Massachusetts. We all know that we are brothers just talking. Some hypersensitive people don't like our banter.

Like I say... just don't say they are from away and you will be fine.

colorado_rob
07-22-2015, 11:10
Just don't say that they are from away and you will be fine. My mother-in-law lived in Marlborough late in her life. I had the best mother-in-law on the planet. My wife went away to visit her often. I must have hated my wife while she was away. I call my friends in Mass massholes. They call me a mainiac. I say they are flat landers from away. They say I live in an annexed suburb of Massachusetts. We all know that we are brothers just talking. Some hypersensitive people don't like our banter.

Like I say... just don't say they are from away and you will be fine.this interstate banter is very cool... my wife and I are watching a series on Netflix, "How the States got their Shapes", and the whole Masshole thing was thoroughly discussed, along with how MA wants to annex southern ME into MA, with northern Maine's blessing.... Interesting stuff!

BirdBrain
07-22-2015, 11:28
this interstate banter is very cool... my wife and I are watching a series on Netflix, "How the States got their Shapes", and the whole Masshole thing was thoroughly discussed, along with how MA wants to annex southern ME into MA, with northern Maine's blessing.... Interesting stuff!

The politics are deep. The older you get, the more you realize that how people talk or look or where you live has nothing to do with what is inside. I am blessed to work with people from all over the planet. I find the ones that live in the shadows of huge countries to be the most interesting. No Maniacs or Massholes in Croatia or Vietnam. Just people for the most part.

Sorry for the drift. I am out.

Deadeye
07-22-2015, 22:48
I say they are flat landers from away.

Now those are fightin' words!

BirdBrain
07-22-2015, 23:17
Now those are fightin' words!

Don't take too much offense. We call people living in the Whites flat landers from away. Of course it takes me less time to drive to the Whites than it does to go to where my parents were raise down east and obviously the Whites aren't flat. Those looking for logic or intent are way off base. We are just talking and a bit confused. By the way, your "flat land" is beautiful.

Damn Yankee
07-23-2015, 05:31
I'm a reformed Masshole living in Virginia now

rickb
07-23-2015, 07:12
The politics are deep. The older you get, the more you realize that how people talk or look or where you live has nothing to do with what is inside.

OK, I decided sometime back not to post this out of concern some might question my attentions, or think I was poking fun. But with your encouragement, I will post now. I sincerely think this younng man and his Downeast personality is great.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Iw-GwoQMI

rickb
07-23-2015, 07:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Iw-GwoQMI

lemon b
07-23-2015, 07:22
Might see you on the trail. As was mentioned Southern Ma is a very nice walk. Wouldn't do Jug End thru to Goose Pond unless you have trail legs. That's 30 miles. Another nice area is the Cobbles between Dalton and Cheshire. Have fun this year hasn't been as buggy as usual.

Gambit McCrae
07-23-2015, 09:00
Im doing 110+ in 9 days 10 in CT,90 in Mass and as far north as i get i to vermont

BirdBrain
07-23-2015, 10:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Iw-GwoQMI

What the BLEEEEEEEEP is that on his head? I wanted to give him a hug until I saw that. That accent is a bit thick. Either he is an Alley or Beal or has a lot of practice. Seeing the hat, I am saying fake. Therefore, I have gone from entertained to deeply offended. :p

rickb
07-23-2015, 11:47
What the BLEEEEEEEEP is that on his head? I wanted to give him a hug until I saw that. That accent is a bit thick. Either he is an Alley or Beal or has a lot of practice. Seeing the hat, I am saying fake. Therefore, I have gone from entertained to deeply offended. :p

Now that's funny. Glad to see we agree on e important stuff.

That said, he could probably be sued for revealing the ingredients of Moxie soda in the next video.

Mags
07-23-2015, 17:28
this interstate banter is very cool... my wife and I are watching a series on Netflix, "How the States got their Shapes", and the whole Masshole thing was thoroughly discussed, along with how MA wants to annex southern ME into MA, with northern Maine's blessing.... Interesting stuff!

Massachusetts sent all their religious dissidents to my home state (Rhode Island). They called it Rogue's Island.

Still a fitting name perhaps. :O (http://www.newsweek.com/rhode-island-most-corrupt-state-69519)

The famous New England preacher Cotton Mather was less charitable and called it the "Sewer of New England".

Even then, they were Mass Holes. ;)

bangorme
07-23-2015, 20:28

The sandals gave him away. The hat he coulda found somewhere.

BirdBrain
07-23-2015, 20:36
The sandals gave him away. The hat he coulda found somewhere.

You are right. How'd I miss that. The socks are fine, but the squoosh is out of place. If he was barefoot, he'd of been fine too. I am not sure how you guys are up there, but my feet don't like anything on them in the summer.

bangorme
07-23-2015, 21:52
Yeah, my father used to say that there is no finer feeling than walking through a cow patty in bare feet.

BirdBrain
07-23-2015, 22:00
Yeah, my father used to say that there is no finer feeling than walking through a cow patty in bare feet.

Ayuh! Don't get much better.