PDA

View Full Version : springer to nantahala

AtWokman
07-22-2015, 18:32
Heading out around the 7th. Think it should take me just under two weeks, Sound right?
Let me know if there's anything to know!

Dogwood
07-22-2015, 21:37
Once at Nathala Outdoor Center grab a shower or take a dip being careful of where you enter this fast moving stretch of the river and head over to Rivers End Restaurant. Great bfast burrito or if there for dinner try one of their Sherpa(made with a base of brown rice, lentils, & barley) or Custom Pasta Plate specialties. The Sherpas are very filling. I always liked their Veggie Sherpa and Vegomatic Custom Pasta Plates. Relias Garden has some very good food as well. Nice eating ambiance at the end of a hike sitting along the rivers edge in the coolness of the gorge. It has always made me feel alive!

Dogwood
07-22-2015, 22:04
Near Silvermine Rd(I think that's the name) before the walk across paved Hwy 74 as the trail contours right before descending steeply down some stairs PLEASE stay on trail as there is a very shweet extensive unbroken patch of Bloodroot plants(Sanguinaria canadensis) that could easily be trampled on at this time of the yr since it's long done flowering and often go dormant in late summer being very easy to assume there is nothing there. The roots can be kind of fragile.

Dogwood
07-22-2015, 22:04
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/webkit-fake-url://5F9CB04A-8156-4C9E-9006-B1103FEB015C/bloodroot-leaves.jpg

AtWokman
07-23-2015, 09:45
Not chilling at N.O.C. To much to much going on there. When I get to the road crossing at NOC I'm heading to Appalachian rivers raft company eight miles down the road on the left. Bunks are 6 bucks and my truck should be waiting on me.

I'm a landscaper so as far as plant life I'm pretty good, but thanks for the heads up.

AtWokman
07-23-2015, 09:46
There is super awesome trout fishing in the river as well

AtWokman
08-07-2015, 09:40
P.B.R. here I come.