PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone, what are you doing this weekend? Let's talk!!

BenOnAdventures
07-24-2015, 21:46
Hey adventurers, hikers and fellow backpackers what are you all doing this weekend? Anything fun? Let's talk!!

Cobble
07-24-2015, 23:41
Hanging out on WhiteBlaze wishing I was hiking. Does that count as fun?

rocketsocks
07-25-2015, 00:12
Shark fishin'

JohnnySnook
07-25-2015, 03:25
Going to go for a couple bike rides. 30+ miles of road riding and 20+ of trails. Supposed to rain all weekend so it could be ugly! :( Gotta get the miles in!

Please tell us about your plans? Are you hiking? Are you going to go out and hike miles into the woods and build a survival shelter for the night?
It would be great if you could come back on monday and tell about your adventure on the post you created?
We would like to hear about it here and not just get a link to your blog so you can build a post count to show to vendors to get free gear.
If we want to see what your up to we'll go to your blog.
If you post about adventures on this forum you should tell us your adventures here.

Just saying….

Catavarie
07-25-2015, 05:18
I will actually spend this weekend putting my feet on the AT for the first time ever. Planning a short trip from Stechoah Gap to the NOC, just haven't decided if I'm going to take my time and make it an over night trip or power through for a long day hike. I haven't been out to hike in awhile so my legs aren't as strong as I would want to do the trip NOBO, thus the SOBO plan ending with what I can only assume will be a knee cruncher going into the NOC. Anyone have any advice or recent information on that section of trail as to water or bear activity?

BTW I hit the road in about 5 hours. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. :D

JJJ
07-25-2015, 06:32
I've been trying to get my trail legs back after a couple years and one heart episode away from the AT. On Sunday, I'm going to do a longish out and back day-hike/run south of Damascus. Nothing fancy, just some sweaty miles and time in the woods. I've made a batch of high-density energy bars I want to trail test under gastronomic combat conditions. :D

mrcoffeect
07-25-2015, 07:19
digging down four feet into the ground to find the cover to my septic system so I can shell out a few hundred to get it pumped out . FUN FUN FUN. :mad:

RangerZ
07-25-2015, 08:11
Wife is working, I'm walking. Just two days on local trails.

runt13
07-25-2015, 10:12
Packing for Alaska! Will be landing in Anchorage August 3rd, return August 24th. Nice 3 week RV trip just me and my wife!

RUNT ''13''