PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers, Please...

g00gle
07-25-2015, 02:38
It's 2am and my wife and I just got back in from searching for a little boy that went missing about 8 hours ago right down the street from us. He's a 4-year old with autism and he just sort of wandered off towards the woods from his grandparents house. We don't know (or care about) the exact circumstances, we were just hoping he would be found soon. Quite a few local folks have been out half the night now with no success. The local LEO's asked everyone to start clearing the area so that the whirley-birds could start doing grid searches with FLIR. NO idea why it took them 8 hours to get their SAR birds in place, especially since the coast guard had two birds on scene within an hour of the report being filed. But, apparently a few hundred people stomping through woods and neighborhoods tends to give some false positives for FLIR. We'll be back out in the woods at 6am if they haven't found him yet.

Story from one of the local junkfood stations if anyone is interested in the details:
http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/lorain-county/2015/07/24/sheffield-lake-missing-boy/30650435/

It's a little chilly out there tonight and little man was last seen in shorts, t-shirt, and barefoot. I can only imagine what he's going through tonight, which is why I feel crushed that I'm back at home right now. I know this isn't trail-related and I apologize for that, but little man is out there hiking all by himself tonight and he needs all the prayers and positive thoughts he can get.

Mountain Wildman
07-25-2015, 10:14
My prayers are with him and his family.
May God watch over him.

g00gle
07-25-2015, 16:58
Divers found his body his body in Lake Erie today. Admins, moderators, whoever, somebody please delete this whole ****ing thread. This just needs to go away now.

HeartFire
07-25-2015, 18:01
So sorry a bout the bad outcome of this.

illabelle
07-25-2015, 22:46
So sorry. No words can fix this. My prayers are with the family and others affected.