PDA

View Full Version : Spread Sheet Contest-Tight Deadline

Clark Fork
11-23-2005, 12:07
How do you use a spreadsheet program to plan for a trip?

BackpackingLight.com announces a reader contest to crown THE BEST GEAR LIST SPREADSHEET.

Rules are simple:

Using a spreadsheet compatible with either OpenOffice or Microsoft Excel, create a spreadsheet "template" or "application" that can be adapted for any season, any trip, that anyone can use to help plan their gear and supplies.

Submit your spreadsheet files as email attachments to:

[email protected]

Submission Deadline: December 1, 2005.

(Spreadsheets submitted with viruses attached will be automatically disqualified.)

All spreadsheet entries will temporarily be made available for download at the BackpackingLight.com Website.

All submissions will be juried by their peers in the BackpackingLight.com forums. Winners will be selected by the BackpackingLight.com staff.

1st Prize: $100 Gift Certificate to BackpackingLight.com
2nd Prize: $50 GC
3rd Prize: $25 GC

Winning entries will be featured and available for public download at BackpackingLight

Regards,

Clark Fork in Western Montana

Uncle Silly
11-26-2005, 21:07
(Spreadsheets submitted with viruses attached will be automatically disqualified.)

ROFLMAO!!! :banana

gumby
12-15-2005, 14:24
The Spreadsheets are online at www.backpackinglight.com (http://www.backpackinglight.com).

Only 19 people entered.

Mine is listed with my real name - Marc Valley

Some of these gave me ideas for a new and better one.

All in all there are a bunch of great spreadsheets. Check them out,

gumby

Cuffs
12-15-2005, 14:31
The Spreadsheets are online at www.backpackinglight.com (http://www.backpackinglight.com).

Only 19 people entered.

Mine is listed with my real name - Marc Valley

Some of these gave me ideas for a new and better one.

All in all there are a bunch of great spreadsheets. Check them out,

gumby

I had just downloaded a couple of them (yours was one!) as samples for myself to use, just before you posted. There are some great ideas there.

Good job!!:clap

gumby
12-15-2005, 20:53
I had just downloaded a couple of them (yours was one!) as samples for myself to use, just before you posted. There are some great ideas there.

Good job!!:clap

There are some great ideas there, I like that they are posting all of the entries. Not one will be perfect for everyone. As is said here quite often; Hike Your Own Hike. This is especially true as to your equipment and planning. Also as stated, if you plan on x miles per day that quickly changes with terrain, weather and fitness of the hiker.

I will be making a few changes to mine from the ones that were entered.

gumby

MisterSweetie
12-15-2005, 21:18
Oh man I wish I'd known about this... I love excel, and love using it cunningly for things like this. now to go check out the entries!

*hmmm... but I'm not a member of bpl, so maybe I won't be able to see them anyway. nevermind..

**it's not necessary to be a member to see this particular page.
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/backpacking_light_gear_list_spreadsheets_2005.html

Clark Fork
12-16-2005, 03:39
I'd say Dave Johnston is the clear winner..:clap

If interested, go there first....

Good job Gumby....:banana Nice plug for whiteblaze.net...

Clark Fork in western Montana.