PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Crossing renovations means no hostel for a short time.

blazercoach
07-28-2015, 00:13
Heads up on Mountain Crossing. My son and I just got there after a 3.5 day hike from Amicalola. We were devastated to arrive and be told that the hostel part of Mountain Crossing was closed for renovation. Imagine the Hobbits arriving in Rivendell only to find out that there were no beds. While there are cabins about a quarter mile away (with no laundry or groceries) and camping a few hundred yards up the trail, there were no beds available here in late July. If you are planning to stay there in the next couple of weeks, call ahead to see when they plan to re-open the beds.

The on-site food was great as was the laundry service. Since we did not continue on from there, I can't speak about the re-supply.

Ron Haven
07-28-2015, 00:18
Pirate has a hostel not too far from Neels Gap called Bugger Hollow !!!!

changed
07-28-2015, 00:22

Bugger hollow... hmm...

FatMan
07-28-2015, 07:24

Bugger hollow... hmm...It is actually Booger Hollow. Not far from Neels on the way to Blairsville. Great BBQ place there called Smokin Joes.

Lone Wolf
07-28-2015, 07:30
Jim's Smokin' Que and Pirate doesn't have a hostel

FatMan
07-28-2015, 07:31
It is actually Booger Hollow. Not far from Neels on the way to Blairsville. Great BBQ place there called Smokin Joes.Oops, wrong name...it is Jim's Smok'n Que.