PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes CS question

bayoutrail
07-31-2015, 00:24
Evening all,
I've been off the forum for a while; being in LA, the summers (and other seasons) are unbearably hot so I've been off the trail for a bit.
However, from my last trip I was a little late getting my tent out of temp storage and back into long term storage... I unfurled my Copper Spur 2 once more before finally getting it out of the garage and back into my gear closet and noticed what seemed to be possible bubbling in the seam seal on my rain fly... I didn't get a super good look that day BUT at some point, I'll have to overcome that gear fear and take it out to look again...
My question is: should I have to indeed contact BA for some type of customer service query, what has been anyone's experience with them and what can I expect? The few things I've heard before were positive; not glowing buy positive.
Any hellos appreciated. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illabelle
07-31-2015, 06:07
I don't know what might be their reaction to your specific issue, but we have had good service from Big Agnes with our tent. Sent the fly in for a repair to a rip (wind threw it into a barbed wire fence!), and they charged a nominal fee, less than $10 if I remember right. Later we had a tent pole blow out. They sent replacements with no hesitation.

bayoutrail
07-31-2015, 12:06
I don't know what might be their reaction to your specific issue, but we have had good service from Big Agnes with our tent. Sent the fly in for a repair to a rip (wind threw it into a barbed wire fence!), and they charged a nominal fee, less than $10 if I remember right. Later we had a tent pole blow out. They sent replacements with no hesitation.

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Dochartaigh
07-31-2015, 13:51
My Big Agnes Helionox chair had bent poles. Sent it back in (had to pay shipping there), and they're sending me out a new one (have to wait couple weeks until the next shipment comes in though). Email responses were nice and timely.

bayoutrail
08-01-2015, 12:20
My Big Agnes Helionox chair had bent poles. Sent it back in (had to pay shipping there), and they're sending me out a new one (have to wait couple weeks until the next shipment comes in though). Email responses were nice and timely.

Great! Thanks for your info.

hikeandbike5
08-01-2015, 13:22
That doesn't sound like a warranty claim to me.

bayoutrail
08-02-2015, 13:31

Correct... I guess I meant repair... Though on their site you have to go to the same page to file a repair claim.

bayoutrail
04-22-2016, 19:14

Correct... I guess I meant repair... Though on their site you have to go to the same page to file a repair claim.

Just an update, a few months back, I contacted BS's CS department for a repair quote. I was completely prepared to pay for whatever they decided... within reason ;)
However, not only did they take it and give it a good once over for repair, they instead warrantied it and I wound up with a brand new Copper spur ul2 mtnglo. When a company will go the extra mile to stand by their products and their customers, that's a company I'll spend money with.

Hosh
04-23-2016, 12:41
Not surprising, I am a BA bigot and have had similar experiences. Twice I have sent sleeping pads in for a "professional" repair, both times they sent back a brand new pad.

bayoutrail
04-23-2016, 15:19
Not surprising, I am a BA bigot and have had similar experiences. Twice I have sent sleeping pads in for a "professional" repair, both times they sent back a brand new pad.

Makes me want to go buy something right now lol!

atomicchicken
04-25-2016, 10:48
That's called great customer service and should be the norm instead of the exception. Good to hear! It makes it real easy to put money down on a company's products when they back it up with exceptional support.

bayoutrail
04-25-2016, 19:20
That's called great customer service and should be the norm instead of the exception. Good to hear! It makes it real easy to put money down on a company's products when they back it up with exceptional support.

Whole heartedly agree!
I had a father who worked in automotive for 20+ years in the service end of things. He was no pushover but he worked his rear off to make certain his departments met their customer's needs.
Anyway, yes, Big Agnes has my vote :)