PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

One Leg
11-24-2005, 01:16
From my home to yours..... May you have the best Thanksgiving ever.

-Scott

smokymtnsteve
11-24-2005, 01:21
happy t-day to U too Scott,

from one frozen turkey :D

Patrick
11-24-2005, 01:40
Hey, two of my favorite signature lines on WB. Thanks guys.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! If ever there was a holiday long distance hikers could appreciate, it's one where you eat so much you have to take your pants off.

For me, tomorrow's going to be a day at the race track. Nothing says Thanksgiving like the thundering hooves of the ponies. And Laurel gives out free pies to everyone! After that, it'll be sweet, sweet Tofurky roast until I pass out. Hope you guys all have a great one, too.

justusryans
11-24-2005, 03:17
Happy Thanksgiving to all... and to all a day full of overindulgence!!!

Trooper347
11-24-2005, 03:18
Gobble Gobble!!!! You have all inspired me to one extent or another, and I am thankfull such a great community of people dedicated to the A.T. May you all have a safe and joyous Thanksgiving.

Cookerhiker
11-24-2005, 08:22
...to all WhiteBlazers. Among many other blessings, I'm grateful for having discovered WhiteBlaze this year and joining this fine community of AT enthusiasts.:o

MOWGLI
11-24-2005, 10:12
Thanks Scott. And a good one to all the hikers out there.

TooTall
11-24-2005, 10:22
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

Too Tall Paul

frieden
11-24-2005, 10:49
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Frieden

Moxie00
11-24-2005, 11:52
:) It's snowing an inch an hour in Maine this Thanksgiving morning so it's a perfect picture of an old time New England Thanksgiving. I wish I had a sleigh to hook up but Grandmother is long gone so I can't go over the river and through the woods to her house as the song says. I'll go to my sister-in-laws, eat too much and fall asleep during the football game, and eat turkey sandwiches, soup, a-la king, and hash until it is gone in about a week. I wish a very happy Thanksgiving to all my Whiteblaze friends, especially the ones I love to spar with. I especially wish those south bounders that are freezing in N.C., Tn. & Ga. a wonderful holliday. I hope you all find trail magic like Miss Janet is doing today and have a wonderful day. When I was on the trail the meal I thought most of was a huge Thanksgiving dinner. Happy turkey day one and all.:D

the goat
11-24-2005, 12:00
one leg-
happy turkey-day man!!! i'm looking forward to my honorable mention in Best Foot Forward, if you ever need help across the road again, i'm there for ya dude.:D

Shutterbug
11-24-2005, 13:07
It has started as a beautiful day on Puget Sound. Just before I took this picture, a magnificant eagle flew past. I was too slow getting my camera to get his picture, but I still captured the beauty of the moment.

This was the view from the back of my home just a few minutes ago. That is Mt. Rainier in the background and Puget Sound in the foreground.

I am blessed, today.

Lilred
11-24-2005, 13:10
Thanks Scott, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. The turkey is in the oven, the casseroles are made, the parade is on TV, yup.. it's a good day...

gumby
11-24-2005, 13:41
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you at WB. I have learned quite a bit from you all. Thanks

gumby

neo
11-24-2005, 15:58
happy thanksgiving everybody:cool: neo

Skeemer
11-27-2005, 00:16
Hope you all are still enjoying the thanksgiving weekend.

SMS, you'll like this. When I was at my folks on Thanksgiving day in Lima, OH I picked up their paper and started to read an editorial. It was some guy saying he felt sorry for athiests on Thanksgiving Day because they didn't have anyone to be thankful to...thus couldn't celebrate this day.

Learned something...didn't know you had to be a christian or even a jew to appreciate and be thankful for what you have. And Thanksgiving was always my absolute favortie holiday...family together, laughing, eating, enjoying ourselves.

I'm still thankful to every honest hardworking American citizen who has made the United States the best place in the world to live. I'm especially thankful to anyone who has served their country unselfishly. I'm thankful to the hospitals and drug companies who help extend life and aleive suffering. Law enforcement officials (who are not corrupt:)) There are too many things to name here but you get the picture.

As someont who has found fullfillment as a hiker, I'm thankful for the trails and protected lands in the most beautiful country on earth.